Notifications
Clear all

Immune System And Acne (Read!)

MemberMember
(@y0y0ma)

Posted : 07/09/2014 8:07 am

Read this PLEASE. It's been a long road, and I feel like I can answer a lot of questions. I'll have a concise conclusion at the end, so don't worry about remembering everything I say that you need to do. The immune system is designed to keep things like viruses and foreign bacteria out of our system. Bacteria's getting in our system, so there's clearly a problem. To first answer the fiends that insist acne is from hormones and oil glands and which can't be changed, they can. You can balance hormones by drinking water (filtered, I'll explain later), getting a decent amount of fiber, stopping masturbating. Masturbating brings some raging hormones along with it. But believe me, hormones aren't the real problem. The hugely ignored problem stems from gut bacteria. The entire gluten-free casein-free industry doesn't realize that a healthy gut can digest those things, and that people with "sensitivies" just haven't taken steps to actively change their gut, just avoided what would make their guts inflame as their guts currently are. So for the love of God let's talk about gut bacteria. It's related to acne because it causes leaky gut, which in turn causes chronic inflammation, which causes acne. It's an easy enough fix if you ask me. 1. Drink filtered water; tap water has chlorine which kills the good bacteria in your gut. 2. Take probiotics (good gut bacteria preferably in food form, they get digested that way, you can buy kefir or fermented saurkraut or pickles, by far the easiest/cheapest way is to buy milk kefir grains and make your own milk kefir everyday, it's much easier than it sounds, it's got the most strains and the highest volume of good bacteria) 3. Take PREbiotics (List of all prebiotics: http://www.prebiotin.com/foods-containing-prebiotics/#.U705kI1dUtU , I take a shot of water with garlic powder twice a day, it's the easiest way I feel. Studies have clearly shown garlic and onion consumption prevent cancer, and people wonder why, prebiotics are food for the good bactera) 4. Avoid refined sugar (food for the bad bacteria) And that's what you have to do to change that. Oh and by the way don't take antibiotics, they are an atomic bomb for the stomach. Now let's move on to diet, which has a big role in the immune system. I'm not gonna make you do any special diet, just no refined sugar, but I just think you should be educated. Milk is slightly bad. Although it has some very healthy nutrients, it's genetically intended for cows. Drinking it is like trying to force a very similar puzzle piece into somewhere it's not meant to go. I would suggest staying away from it, or at least limiting it, but it's not going to kill you. Meat is good. However, you can overdose on meat, and it can become toxic during digestion, but I don't think you'll have to worry about that. Grains (and also legumes/nuts) can hurt, not for the gluten in them, but for the lectin in them, which interferes with healing. After you are healed, it's okay to eat grains every once in a while, but you should avoid them while you are healing. Fruits and Vegetables are utterly amazing, however. They give your body nutrients and alkaline material (fruits/veggies are alkaline, everything else is acidic) that your body needs to be able to heal itself. Make sure that you get plenty of fruits and vegetables, eat a crap ton of them, because you are probably already decently acidic. For the people who say you need to eat only alkaline, you don't because the body simply has the tools to filter out excess acidic/alkaline material and balance the system. Lastly, supplements. Take a good multivitamin that has 100% of pretty much all the vitamins, zinc and whatnot. If it has 50% of a lot of stuff, take twice the daily dosage. Be sure you're getting at least 100% of your vitamin D intake during the winter. I highly suggest vitamin code. Lastly, you need omega 3. You can get this in flax seed, omega 3 supplements, but my favorite during the winter is cod liver oil, because it has vitamin D, and I like to be sure I'm gettin' a little over 100% in that. Sidenote: be sure you have really good oral hygiene, because that's a way for foreign bad bacteria to enter your system too. Floss once a day, brush/use mouthwash twice a day, clean retainer with tap water every day and every once in a while use rubbing alcohol and qtips to starilize it. Also, if you are fat and super unhealthy, that's a reason your immune system might not be working right also, so hop on a treadmill/elliptical.

Okay summary time, I'll do my best. I feel it helps if you organize it so where you do a bunch of stuff in the morning, and a bunch of stuff at night, and have some general rules for diet/hygiene, and that's it. I'll tell you how I organize it.

General rules: Drink lots of FILTERED water. Eat lots of fruits/veggies. No refined sugar. Limit milk/grains, but they won't kill you. Don't over-masturbate(hormones).

Morning: Multivitamin, Probiotics, Prebiotics, Oral hygiene (Brush/mouthwash)

Night: Multivitamin, Probiotics, Prebiotics, Omega 3, Oral hygiene (Brush/Mouthwash/floss)

That wasn't so hard was it? Oh and the regimen is a huge time consumer and very unnecessary to do twice a day, I suggest doing it once every couple of days, and do it around sunset if you are going to do it, so it'll have plenty of time to go away so you won't get burnt the next day

MemberMember
(@animals)

Posted : 07/09/2014 6:45 pm

yep this is exactly what i do, and it has been working. i agree to all of this. except grains..i don't eat grains because it doesn't help with inflammation and healing and grains are carbs that feed bad bacteria. milk is good raw and especially if its kefir!

btw do you know if there is a difference between hormones from masturbating and hormones from sex? I don't masturbate a lot but now that you mention it i noticed you only mentioned masturbating, are they different than the ones if you have sex with another person? from my experience sex helped & it didnt make things worst.

MemberMember
(@y0y0ma)

Posted : 07/10/2014 8:11 am

I've only read about the hormones that come from masturbating, but I'm pretty sure it comes from both. However, it's good in small amounts, but you can definitely overdo it, just like exercise. Although I bet that it's a lot easier to overmasturbate or oversex than it is to overexcercise. But I would sacrifice the small amount of hormones if it meant having a thorough night with the SO. lol, just some advice from y0y0ma.

Most of the sources I have read have not said to avoid grains. What specifically in grains feed the bad bacteria? Although gluten may cause inflammation for people with unhealthy guts I don't think that's the thing that would feed the bad bacteria, but idk.

MemberMember
(@animals)

Posted : 07/10/2014 5:04 pm

Grains feed bad bacteria because it is starch that turns into sugars. Starches are long complex chains of simple sugars (Wheat, rice, barley, oats etc). If your digestion is bad (which means your immunity is bad - a lot of people with acne have leaky gut, bad digestion and therefore weak immunity) it means grains do not help the healing process at all. When you heal and have a really great digestion I'm sure you can eat grains but if you are trying to heal it's best to avoid grains. I stopped eating grains and it helped me so I'm just saying based on my experience. My inflammation is gone - but it has to do with EVERYTHING that you do not just grains - a lot of my progress has also come from the probiotics I make and eating healthy fats and proteins. PLUS no processed foods. I think if you stay away from modern junk food, processed foods and fast foods your immunity with sky rocket. It also depends on what kinds of grains you eat...a lot of grains are processed and lower your immunity. what kind of grains do you eat?

I hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@y0y0ma)

Posted : 07/10/2014 9:19 pm

I eat a lot of rice cereal, and have the occasional sandwich or burrito, but that's about it. I've researched the idea of grains hurting the immune system, and there are a lot of different arguments, all with different points, and they're all pretty inconsistent and don't seem to get to the point. So could you post the link of where you heard that "Grains feed bad bacteria because it is starch that turns into sugars." I don't know if refined sugar and the sugar from starch are necessarily the same thing. There is also this lectin argument, which I feel like I understood clearer, and it kind of goes along with what you were saying. Wikipedia said lectins "interfered with the healing of gut cells." Lectins are in basically all animal products and plants, to some degree, so there's no avoiding them. However, they are most highly concentrated in grains (especially wheat), legumes, seeds, and nuts. So, you win, not for the reason that you said, but I agree now that grains, along with legumes and nuts, interfere with the healing process, although I don't believe they "feed the bad bacteria", especially in the way refined sugar does.

MemberMember
(@animals)

Posted : 07/11/2014 6:17 pm

<p>I just did a lot of research, if i find the articles when i get home ill send them over but you can research this yourself... grains cause inflammation that is the reason that some people trying to heal end up <strong>sprouting or soaking grains</strong> before they make breads and things like that. Sprouting helps because it easier to digest grains. OTHER than that if you really think about it bad bacteria come from eating sugar and processed foods&hellip; if you are eating grains (especially ones that have been processed) IT IS A STARCH because ALL grains are starch and starch BECOMES sugar in your body and bad bacteria eats sugar. just google starch from grains and the process it goes through in your body&hellip;it becomes a simple sugar and thats what bad bacteria thrives on. but i think whats most important is having a balance, you can balance your good bacteria so that it can be strong enough to battle any bad bacteria overgrowth&hellip;then you can eat starch (in moderate amounts!!!) without worrying. what worries me is that when I'm healing grains (IF THEY ARE NOT SPROUTED) cause inflammation and make it hard for you to heal. I just want to heal as fast as i can so if i am in doubt of grains i rather eliminate them for some time and let my bacteria set a strong foundation. So maybe you can look for grains that are sprouted for now? I'll look for articles later on when I'm home! good luck!</p>

MemberMember
(@y0y0ma)

Posted : 07/12/2014 2:13 pm

Hah either way we're both going to limit our grains because it's obvious they slow healing. Glucose is the sugar that comes from starches, and fructose is the sugar in fruits (fructose has been shown to not feed gut bacteria). There are some low-quality blog sites that seem to think that fructose feeds bad bacteria, when there are professional studies that show fructose doesn't, which makes me question the trustworthiness of sites who claim things to begin with. Table sugar basically turns into glucose, so yes they are the same thing, and it took me a while but I found some sites that agree that starches feed the bad bacteria

MemberMember
(@animals)

Posted : 07/13/2014 5:32 pm

thats really interesting I've read that too thats why I eat some fruit. Do you know if honey feed bad bacteria? I read both yes and no (I'm talking about raw honey not heated.)

MemberMember
(@y0y0ma)

Posted : 07/15/2014 1:47 pm

On 7/14/2014 at 4:32 AM, animals said:

thats really interesting I've read that too thats why I eat some fruit. Do you know if honey feed bad bacteria? I read both yes and no (I'm talking about raw honey not heated.)

After reading a lot and personal experience, specifically [Removed] , I'm beginning to think all sugar, fructose and glucose, feeds gut flora if eaten in excess, which it usually is, so that would include fruits and honey

MemberMember
(@animals)

Posted : 07/15/2014 2:39 pm

Thank you SO much. I love reading from paleoleap and other paleo sites. this article helped a lot!

I am going to start limiting my fruits and honey to a minimum or Maybe I'll even stop eating them for a while and then start to limit so i can give my gut a break.

I've always felt like this is another step i have to takeI am already eating really well so I guess cutting out most sugar is important if i want to heal my gut completely.

MemberMember
(@y0y0ma)

Posted : 07/15/2014 11:26 pm

I've read on other health sites and despite that site I am starting to get the feeling that fruits and grains aren't bad for gut bacteria. Grains/nuts/beans might be bad for the immune system because of the lectin in them, if eaten in excess, because that would prevent the gut from healing among other things, I don't think gluten causes any significant problems, but I'm going to stay away from it regardless because of the lectin that comes with wheat stuff. So, my new plan: stay away from REFINED sugar only and try to stay away from stuff that has lectin (Grains/nuts/beans). So I'm gonna eat: Probiotic milk/yogurt, meats, fruits and veggies minus nuts n beans.

MemberMember
(@animals)

Posted : 07/17/2014 3:06 pm

that sounds like a good plan. I've been doing the exact same the only thing i wasn't sure about was the fruits! i guess ill still limit A LITTLE. since I'm not 100% sure. ALSO i eat raw grass fed butter and sometimes add raw egg yolks to my probiotic kefir smoothie for protein and vitamins!