Notifications
Clear all

Accutane After Rhinoplasty?

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 07/08/2014 8:27 pm

Has anyone taken accutane after having a rhinoplasty? This study has me a little scared about it: http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%252Fs00266-004-0041-5

I'm already not so happy with the results of my rhinoplasty and I'd hate for it to get any worse. I have thin skin and visible nasal cartilage. I'd love to take accutane, but I don't want nice skin and a messed up nose.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/09/2014 6:32 am

I thought you were clear aside from blackheads? Why do you want to go on accutane? Just curious!

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 07/09/2014 2:59 pm

I thought you were clear aside from blackheads? Why do you want to go on accutane? Just curious!

Oh gosh. Well, a lot has been going on with my skin lately. Nothing has been helping the clogs and congestion and it's just getting worse. It feels like every pore in my face is clogged. It may be because I've been wearing makeup lately, but I have to wear makeup for professional school. I'm only wearing mineral makeup but it still seems to be causing a problem. I also missed 4 birth control pills last month and all hell broke lose. My skin is so oily, it's breaking out again, and it's starting to scar. I'm eating so well and my skin is just a mess. I guess I'm just considering it as an option because I'm so frustrated right now. I hope that makes sense.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/17/2014 7:07 am

Oh gosh. Well, a lot has been going on with my skin lately. Nothing has been helping the clogs and congestion and it's just getting worse. It feels like every pore in my face is clogged. It may be because I've been wearing makeup lately, but I have to wear makeup for professional school. I'm only wearing mineral makeup but it still seems to be causing a problem. I also missed 4 birth control pills last month and all hell broke lose. My skin is so oily, it's breaking out again, and it's starting to scar. I'm eating so well and my skin is just a mess. I guess I'm just considering it as an option because I'm so frustrated right now. I hope that makes sense.

It does make sense. I feel the same way. I think diet changes are great but i have given up on it helping me at all. For congested pores, why not try a retinoid. You should post pics of your skin if you're comfortable with it.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 12/09/2014 3:29 pm

Bumping this up.

MemberMember
(@bizz)

Posted : 10/23/2015 12:07 pm

Ask you surgeon. Honestly if it's been more than a year (or even as little as three months) yes, you can go on Accutane or a drug to combat acne. The danger is only if you had a bad rhino that seriously weakened cartilage nasal structure.