Notifications
Clear all

Please Help! Pics Attached

MemberMember
(@michael1718)

Posted : 07/07/2014 7:09 am

Okay so i'm a 15 year old boy and i suffer from what i would call moderate/moderate-severe acne, idk what you would class it as. Well here's my story.

I got acne when i was 13, and i automatically applied products like toothpaste, tomatoes, potato peels, strawberries, emu oil, countless facewashes, salycylic acid and BP and more all of which left me with horrible red marks and some live acne WHICH SCARS TOO.

Basically i've had these scars for a year and they will NOT go away. its ruining my life. i cancel all of my plans, i never go out, i have really bad depression and i have spent my whole summer in my room crying hoping i will one day have clear skin.. I dont even know what i have, is it post inflammatory hyperpigmentation/red marks/ acne scars? Are there any cures?!

PLEASE help me. Im actually so desperate for a cure, i dont even mind having some acne.. its just these red marks that WONT GO AWAY?!

I need someone to just tell me is it as bad as i think? And are there any cures? im begging. Thank you.

post-397874-0-95722400-1404734815_thumb.

post-397874-0-66179500-1404734933_thumb.

post-397874-0-95722400-1404734815_thumb.

post-397874-0-66179500-1404734933_thumb.

MemberMember
(@handsomedead94)

Posted : 07/08/2014 12:07 am

Im in the same boat as you. I do not have any physical scarring. All I have is red/dark marks and spots that just never seem to go away. I still am getting a pimple here and there. But I can definitly say most of my acne is gone and a lot of the inflammation has reduced in parts. I have a feeling exercise may improve both of our situations. Do you exercise at all?

I try to but it is so hard. Like harder than it was to change my diet permanantly. This is partly because when I jog I do so with what I believe is good form and this puts me at greater risk of injury since im not used to it. So I get slightly injured and then have to work my way back up.

MemberMember
(@michael1718)

Posted : 07/08/2014 5:21 am

Im in the same boat as you. I do not have any physical scarring. All I have is red/dark marks and spots that just never seem to go away. I still am getting a pimple here and there. But I can definitly say most of my acne is gone and a lot of the inflammation has reduced in parts. I have a feeling exercise may improve both of our situations. Do you exercise at all?

I try to but it is so hard. Like harder than it was to change my diet permanantly. This is partly because when I jog I do so with what I believe is good form and this puts me at greater risk of injury since im not used to it. So I get slightly injured and then have to work my way back up.

i try to exercise but sometimes im not sure if its making it worse? Gosh these marks make me so angry, i wouldnt even mind acne just not these!! so is this PIH or red marks or scars?

MemberMember
(@wolves)

Posted : 07/10/2014 3:38 am

Hey,

It looks like minor red marks and maybe minor some scarring. It should heal over time. I suggest you get put onto Accutane/Roaccutane or another brand by your dermatologist. I'm almost finished my treatment, and my acne is finally gone but some scarring is still left :(. I'm 20 now, and I really wish I had gone on accutane when i was your age.

The more you try to get rid of acne, the worse it gets. Your skin produces more oil when you over do it with products and cleaning. Accutane/Roaccatune will stop your acne for ever :D

Best of luck

MemberMember
(@wolves)

Posted : 07/10/2014 4:27 am

Sorry I should of also mentioned that Roaccatune is perfect for getting rid of red marks. The only side effects I have had while taking it is dry skin and dry eyes which is common. Its easily fixed by moisturising daily aswell as using eyedrops.

MemberMember
(@michael1718)

Posted : 07/11/2014 12:03 pm

Sorry I should of also mentioned that Roaccatune is perfect for getting rid of red marks. The only side effects I have had while taking it is dry skin and dry eyes which is common. Its easily fixed by moisturising daily aswell as using eyedrops. surprised.gif

THANK YOU SO MUCHHH! I said to my doctor and he is putting me on accutane. Its good to hear about accutane from someone who has used it, i can't wait now thank you!

MemberMember
(@wolves)

Posted : 07/15/2014 2:43 am

Sorry I should of also mentioned that Roaccatune is perfect for getting rid of red marks. The only side effects I have had while taking it is dry skin and dry eyes which is common. Its easily fixed by moisturising daily aswell as using eyedrops. surprised.gif

THANK YOU SO MUCHHH! I said to my doctor and he is putting me on accutane. Its good to hear about accutane from someone who has used it, i can't wait now thank you!

Awesome dude! I really wish i had gone on it when I was your age instead of hesitating. Best of luck!