Notifications
Clear all

Mild-Moderate Acne For 7 Years. I Need Any Advice/opinions

MemberMember
(@mhswrestlin08)

Posted : 07/06/2014 5:52 pm

Hi all,

I'm looking for advice from any and all who read this. I'm currently a 24 year old male who has struggled with moderate acne/oily skin for 10 years. Like most, I've tried dozens of products and I'm currently using clindamicyne with retin a-micro which has given me good results. However, after all of the products I've tried, nothing has given me "clear skin" (including my current regimen). At any given time I have at least one pimple/whitehead/cyst along with a half dozen dark spots. I currently have two cysts around my nose and 9 healing dark spots, and am feeling particularly frustrated.

This is my dilemma: If you were me, would you continue using my current medication and just come to terms with the fact that I may never have perfect skin or do I keep looking for that product that will completely work for me? This is something I constantly struggle with as my acne has never completely gone away and I'm nervous to switch regimens because last time I switched I had a very bad breakout that took me a long time to recover from (mentally and physically). I think if I do switch I want to switch to the acne.org regimen. Once again, any and all advice/tips are welcome. Thank you all so much and keep up the good old acne battle!

Stay positive,

mhswrestlin08

MemberMember
(@kaylo3)

Posted : 07/06/2014 7:38 pm

Okay so this might help. Posted my acne story here and the things that made my skin clear .

Oh , and good luck ! :D

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 07/06/2014 8:13 pm

I cant tell you what to do but I would tell you if I was in your case Id just keep doing that regimen if you only have one active spot. No topical treatments have ever completely cleared me. The only think that has done that was Accutane while I was on it.

MemberMember
(@skinnie)

Posted : 07/07/2014 8:51 am

You have a good base regimen, obviously. It's something to lean on, so to speak. You can try adding in one product and see if that does anything for you. If it irritates you too much or breaks you out, you know that it's that product. Then move on. Try experimenting. I didn't get completely clear with just tazorac. I had to add in benzyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and a clarisonic for that. But the tazorac does most of the heavy lifting! In your case, the retin-a-micro probably does most of the heavy lifting. Don't experiment with multiple products though. Wait two months between adding new products to allow yourself time to judge whether the product is effective or not.

MemberMember
(@y0y0ma)

Posted : 07/09/2014 9:42 am

I had persistent acne for about 7 years to and it had only gotten worse. I'm the type of guy who needs clear and explicit information on why acne is happening, and so I searched for the longest time and tested on myself and this is what I have come up with. It's not the easy simple one-product answer you might be looking for, but it's a scientific explanation as a whole.

MemberMember
(@mhswrestlin08)

Posted : 07/11/2014 10:55 am

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the advice and I'll be sure to read up on the info. some of you have left me. I'll try and update you on what I decide to do.