Notifications
Clear all

It's Only Getting Worse (14 Progress Pictures)

MemberMember
(@tpindell)

Posted : 07/06/2014 10:08 am

i took some pictures over the last month and a half, tell me what you think...

just to make clear, i have been using the regimen sctictly over the time of the pictures, so i dont know what went wrong:

Heres a picutre i made, the picutre on the upper side is the right side of my face and the bottom is the left, there are dates on the upper pictures (both left and right pictures took at the same time).

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 07/06/2014 10:22 am

For me the regimen made my skin worse before it got better. Around the 5th and 6th week I had all these cysts come to the surface and I was very close to quitting the regimen. Thankfully I pushed through and it completely cleared me. Give the regimen a few more weeks. There are some people who have used the regimen and got clear on their 4th, 5th or even 6th month into it.

MemberMember
(@tpindell)

Posted : 07/06/2014 10:39 am

For me the regimen made my skin worse before it got better. Around the 5th and 6th week I had all these cysts come to the surface and I was very close to quitting the regimen. Thankfully I pushed through and it completely cleared me. Give the regimen a few more weeks. There are some people who have used the regimen and got clear on their 4th, 5th or even 6th month into it.

im actually on the regimen for more then 2 months, but i started taking picture a while after...

what do you think about these pictures? is it getting worst or what?

MemberMember
(@vanbelle)

Posted : 07/06/2014 1:24 pm

I am not seeing much progress for 2 months of consistent, hard effort. If you would like some advice/help, you can PM me.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 07/06/2014 1:42 pm

Benzoyl peroxide helps when the primary cause of your acne is bacterial. BP kills bacteria by oxygenating the pores.

It's not going to change anything if your acne is caused by hormones, internal inflammation, or if it's fungal in nature.

MemberMember
(@tpindell)

Posted : 07/06/2014 4:48 pm

Benzoyl peroxide helps when the primary cause of your acne is bacterial. BP kills bacteria by oxygenating the pores.

It's not going to change anything if your acne is caused by hormones, internal inflammation, or if it's fungal in nature.

that can explain it, but i still dont understand how is it that its the first time i hear that it wont help with acne caused by hormones? its a really big deal and it changes everything about this regimen, how is it possible i never heard such important thing?

MemberMember
(@aldomg)

Posted : 07/06/2014 9:41 pm

that can explain it, but i still dont understand how is it that its the first time i hear that it wont help with acne caused by hormones? its a really big deal and it changes everything about this regimen, how is it possible i never heard such important thing?

For better results with the regimen, change your diet, one of the most important things that might aggravate acne: Wheat, milk, dairy, sugar, potatoes.

Remember to drink 2 liters of water daily, that helps a lot.

MemberMember
(@skinnie)

Posted : 07/06/2014 10:41 pm

oy vey. just go to the dermatologist. Generally speaking though, most treatments need at least four to six weeks to even start working. So whatever your derm gives you will take four to six weeks (or more -- may be 3-6 months in some cases).

MemberMember
(@tpindell)

Posted : 07/07/2014 3:14 pm

what should i avoid eating?

MemberMember
(@mms3192)

Posted : 07/07/2014 3:21 pm

I don't think it's generally getting worse...

I can't tell but to me a lot of the red spots just look like red spots instead of acne. Are all of those active acne or would you say most of them are hyper-pigmentation or scarring?

If you are wanting to change your diet then definitely avoid dairy and back down on the sugar would be my best advice.

Also..are you following the instructions that came along with the regimen precisely? Did you try watching Dan's videos just to make sure you are following every step exactly right? Following the directions perfectly and being very very gentle, I've found is one of the most important parts to clearing skin.

I would try taking a probiotic as well. It may not help, but it definitely will not hurt.

MemberMember
(@skinnie)

Posted : 07/07/2014 4:27 pm

If you're looking for dietary changes, definitely cut down on sugar, white bread, and milk. Eat carbs with a high fiber to carb ratio.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/07/2014 6:13 pm

I didn't see any CONSISTENT progress till almost my fourth month. Stick with it for at least 4 months and i agree with improving your diet as much as you can. Don't get discouraged - I have seen the regimen work for acne worse than yours

MemberMember
(@somehelp123)

Posted : 07/07/2014 6:56 pm

Ok, listen, if you want my opinion on diet and preventing such insulin spikes which can cause your hormones to go haywire I would do the following. First off, I'm not sure if you are a vegetarian or not, this is what I do on a normal basis. My carb sources are mainly sweet potatoes, brown rice, and all sorts of different veggies (take your pick), my protein sources are mainly chicken, lean grass fed beef, and wild caught salmon, and free-range eggs. I've done my best to cut out dairy and wheat from diet... from time to time I will eat whatever. Try and get some salmon in your diet, this will allow you to get adequate omega-3's in your system which is a natural anti-inflammatory agent. Juicing is also a wonderful thing you can do for your body, and drinking plenty of water and green tea. Not sure if you are a coffee drinker or not. Coffee, as we all know, has caffeine in it. Caffeine causes hormone imbalance which can lead to acne. Try your best to stay away from caffeine.

I know this diet thing is hard, especially if you are so used to eating a certain way. Just do your best to eliminate some of the bad things and substitute them for good things (example: Drink green tea instead of coffee or a piece of fruit instead of a piece of cake) you get my gig?

MemberMember
(@tpindell)

Posted : 07/08/2014 5:38 am

I don't think it's generally getting worse...

I can't tell but to me a lot of the red spots just look like red spots instead of acne. Are all of those active acne or would you say most of them are hyper-pigmentation or scarring?

If you are wanting to change your diet then definitely avoid dairy and back down on the sugar would be my best advice.

Also..are you following the instructions that came along with the regimen precisely? Did you try watching Dan's videos just to make sure you are following every step exactly right? Following the directions perfectly and being very very gentle, I've found is one of the most important parts to clearing skin.

I would try taking a probiotic as well. It may not help, but it definitely will not hurt.

some of the spots are actually red marks. and some of them are active. yes i do follow the guide step by step...

Ok, listen, if you want my opinion on diet and preventing such insulin spikes which can cause your hormones to go haywire I would do the following. First off, I'm not sure if you are a vegetarian or not, this is what I do on a normal basis. My carb sources are mainly sweet potatoes, brown rice, and all sorts of different veggies (take your pick), my protein sources are mainly chicken, lean grass fed beef, and wild caught salmon, and free-range eggs. I've done my best to cut out dairy and wheat from diet... from time to time I will eat whatever. Try and get some salmon in your diet, this will allow you to get adequate omega-3's in your system which is a natural anti-inflammatory agent. Juicing is also a wonderful thing you can do for your body, and drinking plenty of water and green tea. Not sure if you are a coffee drinker or not. Coffee, as we all know, has caffeine in it. Caffeine causes hormone imbalance which can lead to acne. Try your best to stay away from caffeine.

I know this diet thing is hard, especially if you are so used to eating a certain way. Just do your best to eliminate some of the bad things and substitute them for good things (example: Drink green tea instead of coffee or a piece of fruit instead of a piece of cake) you get my gig?

ye. im starting new diet now, it called paleo, lets see how it goes...

I didn't see any CONSISTENT progress till almost my fourth month. Stick with it for at least 4 months and i agree with improving your diet as much as you can. Don't get discouraged - I have seen the regimen work for acne worse than yours

i know it worked on worse acne then mine but it probably was acne caused by inflamation, ive heard it does not work as well on hormonal acne, and im pretty sure mine is hormonal beacuse it comes with another changes.

If you're looking for dietary changes, definitely cut down on sugar, white bread, and milk. Eat carbs with a high fiber to carb ratio.

thank you, ill cut down on sugar for sure.

general question to everyone - is zero coke bad for my purpose? it contains no sugar so im not quite sure..

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/08/2014 5:52 am

It probably has artifical sweetners in it and it is not natural so stick with water or seltzer.

MemberMember
(@somehelp123)

Posted : 07/08/2014 3:24 pm

Oh yeah. All coke products are absolutely horrible for you. There have been studies done that show people who drink soda after surgery or are healing from any particular wound heal slower.

People don't realize that coke is a drug that kills. I urge you to stop drinking that crap.