Notifications
Clear all

Everybody Is So Nice To Me Yayyy 🙁

MemberMember
(@misshopeful123)

Posted : 07/06/2014 6:54 am

hi guys

so i just wanted to share my story

i have a friend lets call him G.He and I are in the same social club in my school.I've known him since I joined that social club.He is really funny and smart and we used to hang out together a lot.At that point I didnt have any "feelings" for him neither did he.Everything was great until i started getting cystic acne at the beginning of the 9th grade all over my face.(I was a synchronized swimmer so i had 4 hours training every single day which i believe made my hormones get out of control and led to cystic acne.Anyways i didnt care and i still attend to the meetings of our social club every Wendnesday afternoon.I really didnt care if i had acne or not because A) i really thought that it was normal to have acne in our ages (although mine was slightly more severe than any of my friends) B) i told myself nobody even cared if i had acne or not.And yes i was getting that weird look from my schoolmates and even my teachers but i kept telling myself that it was just a phase i was going through.THAT WAS THE BIGGEST LIE I EVER TOLD TO MYSELF AND LIFE WAS ABOUT TO PROVE ME WRONG WITH A BIG SLAP ON MY FACE.

Anyways back to G.So as soon as I went to my first meeting with my face full of acne and redness I realised that my dearest buddy didnt even say hello or look at my face.I was schocked about his behaviour he was acting as if i wasnt there.He seemed more interested in other people especially girls which was normal because he is probably the biggest lady's man out there.But i really couldnt understand why he was acting like shit to me because we werent like in a romantic realitionship WE WERE JUST REALLY GOOD FRIENDS.Anyways that was the slap on my face that i need to get rid of my acne if i ever wanted to have friends in my future life.So fastforward to the summer of 9th grade when i was facing the ugliest acne in my entire life (like the ones you see in the before pics of the acne commercials LOL).I didnt even know that it was possible to have that SEVERE ACNE that i wasnt feeling like a human being anymore i was feeling like a monster.I didnt even leave the house once that summer i was trying to cure my acne with my ways which were failing terribly.Anyways at the end of that summer before the start of the school my social club had a huge event.After sleepless nights of trying to make up my mind about going or not going with THAT FACE i decided to go.The first morning of that event i put on my makeup (which was looking terrible with the millions of acne i had but anyways i was able to cover up the redness but ofcourse anyone could see the awful texture.)I went to the event which was on the front of my school feeling like a "FIGHTER".Anyways as i you can imagine the looks i get were awful but i just smiled at every comment i get about my face.(Note:I have a nice slim body im not bragging about it just to clarify the case im about the explain).So i was standing infront of the food table trying not to burst into tears I heard G saying:"You look great but im sure you are not taller than me even with those highheels on" For a second i forget that i had acne for a second i was happy and with a big smile on my face i turned to my old friend but my smile disapperead as our eyes found each other because i literally saw his smile disappearing and turning into a disgust and he just said "Hmm okay bye" and left before i said anything.

Sorry guys at this point i realise my story went TOO long i have come to the end really fast:So with a really good dermatologist i was able to tackle most of my cystic acne and left with awful awful red marks and scars which im working on with PDL laser but most importantly i became an expert makeup artist.Everyday before leaving the house i put on my makeup so good that even my mother shocks how naturally good it looks.At school im getting tons of compliments and all of sudden everybody became incredibly "nice" to me.And how about G:Well for "some reason " he is really into me know.He is always trying to do something with me now but not like as a friend like the old days.

Anyways am i happy HELL NO.Because i know that if they ever had a clue whats going under my makeup they wouldnt be my friend anymore (most of them).And most importantly i feel like im lying to everyone.But at this point i have no choice but to put on my makeup and act as if my skin is so naturally beautiful because i dont want to get hurt anymore.

So the counclusion i come up with my journey(which im still on):

People are VAIN like hell.PERIOD.

MemberMember
(@ocnblitzgmail-com)

Posted : 07/06/2014 8:56 am

Yeah, struggling with acne and being overweight most of my life has left me a bit cynical. People are very, very vain.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/06/2014 9:14 am

I really hate those people who don't want to be friends with someone because of their acne. To be honest, they don't really deserve friendship either. If someone picks friends based on who he wants to been seen with rather than who he likes, then that person is the one with the problem, not you.

Reading your story also makes want to be a girl, so I can just cover up my own red marks with make-up :P

MemberMember
(@selfimprovement123)

Posted : 07/06/2014 1:26 pm

This might sound cheesy but you will find someone who will love and respect you regardless of whether you have acne or not. If you don't believe me look up Cassandra Bankson. She was on Karma's a b*tch and she was bullied because she had severe acne and she still does. She eventually found the love of her life who accepted her for who she is and also became a model later on.

MemberMember
(@misshopeful123)

Posted : 07/08/2014 5:04 am

I really hate those people who don't want to be friends with someone because of their acne. To be honest, they don't really deserve friendship either. If someone picks friends based on who he wants to been seen with rather than who he likes, then that person is the one with the problem, not you.

Reading your story also makes want to be a girl, so I can just cover up my own red marks with make-up

i just wanted to say that your skin looks great compared to mine and i dont think that you have to be a female to cover up if your feeling low about red marks (which i cant seem to find in your pic LOL) anyways if you want i can recommend you some natural makeup brands which wont clog your pores

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/08/2014 5:13 am

just wanted to say that your skin looks great compared to mine and i dont think that you have to be a female to cover up if your feeling low about red marks (which i cant seem to find in your pic LOL) anyways if you want i can recommend you some natural makeup brands which wont clog your pores

I don't really know which picture you're talking about, but if you're talking about the one of my right cheek with the bump, then I have to admit that that's my good cheek 🙂 Most redness is on my forehead and left cheek :/ I don't really need good make-up brands,if people don't like me for my skin then I'm not going to spend time covering up my skin for them. Thanks anyways 🙂