Notifications
Clear all

Please Help With My Backne

MemberMember
(@lemonyfresh)

Posted : 07/05/2014 10:54 pm

Hi all,

I'm a 23 year old male struggling with back and chest acne. I started having problems at around 18. I've tried all types of acne soaps and lotions without improvement. I have been on and off of antibiotic acne meds for the duration of my acne. Recently i tried using aztec healing clay which improves my normal skin but does not stop these cysts from popping up every few days. I also think I am starting to lose my hair prematurely (this might be unrelated). I eat a healthy diet and exercise. I was supposed to go on accutane a few weeks ago but chickened out because I read that is can cause impotence in males. Any help is appreciated!

post-406975-0-93264800-1404618828.jpg

post-406975-0-59817100-1404618830.jpg

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 07/06/2014 4:03 am

Moved to the back/body/neck acne forum where you'll hopefully get some helpful replies

MemberMember
(@lemonyfresh)

Posted : 07/07/2014 11:12 am

Moved to the back/body/neck acne forum where you'll hopefully get some helpful replies

Thank you!

MemberMember
(@harry1993)

Posted : 07/11/2014 5:56 pm

I'd really go on accutane if I was you. (I have back acne and it's what I'm on).

MemberMember
(@lemonyfresh)

Posted : 07/12/2014 1:39 am

I'd really go on accutane if I was you. (I have back acne and it's what I'm on).

Thank you for your reply! I have an appointment with my derm tomorrow to hopefully get accutane prescribed. How has your experience on it been?

MemberMember
(@harry1993)

Posted : 07/12/2014 3:34 am

Thank you for your reply! I have an appointment with my derm tomorrow to hopefully get accutane prescribed. How has your experience on it been?

I'm only on day 3 so I've literally just started haha. The problem with a lot of creams and normal antibiotics is that they're only really a temporary fix and don't tackle the main problem at the source.

Usually the lower the dosage the less side affects you'll get/lower risk, so you could maybe talk to him/her about being on a low dosage. (Although you're still bound to get dry lips and skin and be sensitive to sunlight).

Good luck though with your appointment and let me know what happens.

MemberMember
(@lemonyfresh)

Posted : 07/12/2014 9:44 am

I'm only on day 3 so I've literally just started haha. The problem with a lot of creams and normal antibiotics is that they're only really a temporary fix and don't tackle the main problem at the source.

Usually the lower the dosage the less side affects you'll get/lower risk, so you could maybe talk to him/her about being on a low dosage. (Although you're still bound to get dry lips and skin and be sensitive to sunlight).

Good luck though with your appointment and let me know what happens.

The derm prescribed accutane this morning and i got my blood drawn so I should be good to go. Thanks for the advice, it's comforting to know someone else is in a similar situation as me.

Harry1993 liked