Notifications
Clear all

Cassandra Bankson's (Diamondsandheels14) Routine For Hiding Pitted Scars

MemberMember
(@heyanon_girlx)

Posted : 07/05/2014 7:35 pm

Hi guys. I watch a lot of Cassandra Bankson/diamondsandheels14's videos on Youtube. If you don't know who she is, she's a somewhat famous Youtuber with severe acne who also managed to become a model.

She has a video posted about how to do your make-up in order to hide pitted acne scars (It's not the original viral video she made about how to hide your acne.)

Can anyone who has tried this routine or any of these products tell me just how well they work? I don't want to buy them and have them not work well at hiding my scars.

Video:

Products used:

Makeup Forever HD Micro-Perfecting Primer

Shiseido Wrinkle Filler Primer (Although I believe this is either called Shiseido Pore Smoothing Corrector or Shiseido Refining Primer Makeup SPF 21, nothing came up when I searched "Shiseido wrinkle filler primer")

Dermablend Cover Cream

Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Foundation

(Smashbox, MakeupForEver or Dior's Airflash are good too)

Elf Cosmetics Kabuki Face Brush

Benefit Cosmetics Hello Flawless Powder

She also recommends trying the powder Dermablend makes, but hasn't tried it herself. Has anyone used that with good results? If so, which of their powders did you use (there are different ones)?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 07/05/2014 9:27 pm

Ive actually heard of good things on the dermablend cover cream for both just covering acne and using it for pitted scars. And then overtop using a very light coverage foundation/powder.

This individual in this video uses it- i like her videos a lot on youtube. But i remember way back when she posted this- and remembered it.

MemberMember
(@heyanon_girlx)

Posted : 07/06/2014 1:40 am

Thank you! Good to know there's another Youtuber out there who can vouch for Dermablend.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/06/2014 7:15 pm

for me, dermablend was too cakey and too think, and it also oxidized on my skin. I use maybeline's fitme concealer , and it helps with indented scarring as well because it has hyaluronic acid that helps fill in small holes. Plus, it's less pricey than dermablend.

MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 07/07/2014 8:24 am

I absolutely love Dermablend! Its the only foundation and cover cream I use. It can definitely feel heavy if applying too much and you have to let the foundation and cream set first before using any powder or it will look cakey. In every one of my pictures Im wearing Dermablend :)

MemberMember
(@heyanon_girlx)

Posted : 07/10/2014 4:23 pm

for me, dermablend was too cakey and too think, and it also oxidized on my skin. I use maybeline's fitme concealer , and it helps with indented scarring as well because it has hyaluronic acid that helps fill in small holes. Plus, it's less pricey than dermablend.

Do you recommend just the Fitme concealer or the foundation and powder as well? And did it break you out at all?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/10/2014 8:13 pm

Do you recommend just the Fitme concealer or the foundation and powder as well? And did it break you out at all?

I haven't tried anything else from the Fitme line except the concealer, so I can only recommend that. I wasn't that happy with the ingredients of the foundation.

I alternate my foundations - smashbox (never breaks me out), shiseido perfecting foundation (occasional breakouts), nars true glow (no major breakouts), Drew Barrimore's Flower foundation (great ingredients & cheap), and Lumene's CC cream (easy and convenient)

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 07/11/2014 3:56 pm

I have a difficult time using anything cream based to soften my scarring. Instead, I've discovered that airbrush makeup can dramatically help to soften the edges of my scarring. With acne scarring, it takes skill to carefully blend foundation in and around the scar as not to further emphasize the indentation. With airbrush makeup, I can create and even layer all over without having to "blend" it and so it sort of creates an illusion of smoother skin. It's hard to explain, but nonetheless it works very well for me. I also use Dermaflage for two of my deepest scars on my cheeks. Although not perfect, combined with airbrushing, my skin goes from awful to decent.

MemberMember
(@heyanon_girlx)

Posted : 07/14/2014 9:58 pm

I have a difficult time using anything cream based to soften my scarring. Instead, I've discovered that airbrush makeup can dramatically help to soften the edges of my scarring. With acne scarring, it takes skill to carefully blend foundation in and around the scar as not to further emphasize the indentation. With airbrush makeup, I can create and even layer all over without having to "blend" it and so it sort of creates an illusion of smoother skin. It's hard to explain, but nonetheless it works very well for me. I also use Dermaflage for two of my deepest scars on my cheeks. Although not perfect, combined with airbrushing, my skin goes from awful to decent.

Hmm, I've never heard of airbrush makeup. Are there specific brands/products you use?

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 07/14/2014 10:17 pm

I use Dinair airbrush. There's several airbrush brands out there like temptu, luminess, etc. A basic Dinair airbrush kit comes with three shades and their version of a primer. It's $99. Expensive, but in the long run it's a good deal given the longevity of the makeup, how light it is, the coverage and how little you need. I haven't tried the other brands but I am sure they are quite similar.

Hmm, I've never heard of airbrush makeup. Are there specific brands/products you use?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 07/15/2014 9:36 am

i love dermablend but i dont use their liquid foundation i use the smooth indulgence concealer as my foundation because it doesnt sink into my pores and get all greasy on my face like the foundation does. i also really like their intense powder camo foundation and its good for summer when my skin is extra oily.

mac studio sculpt creamy foundation has very good coverage as well its pretty thick but dries to a nice dewey finish and is so easy to work with. you definitley need to put powder over this foundation though to make sure its set.