Notifications
Clear all

Internal Remedies That Have Worked For You?

MemberMember
(@sonicx2218)

Posted : 07/05/2014 1:15 pm

So I've 100% concluded that external treatments have no effect on my acne after 4 years of experimenting with a dermatologist. The things I've been taking internally help a bit, but not enough to not make me feel like crap. I'd say I'm about 50% clear with:

Zinc, Magnesium, Vitamin D3, a good probiotic & psyllium husks. I was wondering what you've been taking orally that has cured your acne if it has?

MemberMember
(@nusunt)

Posted : 07/05/2014 4:16 pm

Zinc! All the way!

I would also recommend you Cod Liver Oil.

Others were successful with Vitamin B5... Just make sure that you give everything at least one month.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/05/2014 6:26 pm

I would lean more towards 3 month as it takes many weeks for a pimple to begin forming.

MemberMember
(@sonicx2218)

Posted : 07/07/2014 7:05 pm

I would lean more towards 3 month as it takes many weeks for a pimple to begin forming.

Of course. Every thing I try, I see through all the way. That's why it really blows when I invest in something that doesn't work after so much investment time.

ripple247 liked
MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/13/2014 6:23 pm

Of course. Every thing I try, I see through all the way. That's why it really blows when I invest in something that doesn't work after so much investment time.

are you going to post pictures of your acne?

MemberMember
(@sonicx2218)

Posted : 07/13/2014 6:35 pm

are you going to post pictures of your acne?

Unfortunately, I've never kept any photos prior to the treatment...as my face was pretty bad and I was self-conscious. So now I have fairly clear skin, and a photo wouldn't work very well. I'll take a photo soonish, and will post comparisons to my skin in a couple weeks when it improves further.

MemberMember
(@sonicx2218)

Posted : 07/14/2014 3:44 pm

10459110_10204552487878441_1434254163362

It's boosted the speed of redmark reduction by like 8x, so at this point I don't have much negatives to show...other than that in this most recent shot, I'm very close to 100% clear. Going to cut my hair short this week, as I kept it long for years to reduce how many pimples people could see.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 07/14/2014 5:27 pm

ur 99% clear! awasome, congrats on this!
how many months of those remedies till this pic?
have u been on any diet also?
ever used bp?
MemberMember
(@sonicx2218)

Posted : 07/14/2014 10:43 pm

It took about 2 months. Surprisingly a week of the only water once-a-day-wash-method improved my face more than the previous 2 months. The only difference in my diet is I limited my dairy significantly; I go most days without touching dairy.

No I do not use BP or put anything on my face. It took about the full week for my face to adjust and I had a bit of dead skin and peeling, but it gets better daily. Within 3 days of starting the treatment, all my zits under the skin came to a head and then disappeared.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 07/15/2014 7:43 am

what abt grains and esp gluten grains? do u still eat those? how frequently approx?
is magnesium rly important?
MemberMember
(@sonicx2218)

Posted : 07/15/2014 3:48 pm

I still eat pretty much whatever I want as long as it's not super unhealthy. I honestly eat bread with gluten every day. I have family members with celiac, but I still have never had a negative reaction with it yet. Magnesium for me relaxes my muscles at night when I take it, and absorbs the caffeine from coffee to help me sleep better. I started it at the same time as zinc, so I can't be 100% the magnesium helps with acne as much as relaxation.

MemberMember
(@sethrose)

Posted : 11/05/2014 4:13 pm

I take 4/5 products you listed, all except for psyllium husks.

For me personally, the most effective supplement I have ever taken for acne is Cod Liver Oil. It's amazing. The potent combination of vitamins A & D, as well as the Omega-3 content is your skin's best friend.

MemberMember
(@una-star)

Posted : 11/15/2014 10:32 pm

I don't think that there is ONE supplement/food that will solve the problem. It does work when you have a program, a number of strategies, including several that involve taking something orally, targeting different internal causes of acne.

MemberMember
(@kimchiimonsturr)

Posted : 11/18/2014 12:30 am

Fermented Cod Liver Oil, 3-6 cups of organic white tea, astaxanthin, muscadine grape seeds, 1/2 teaspoon of matcha powder, lemon detox, vitamin d-3 ( organic ), organic fruits and vegetables, and 0.5 to 1 gallon of water every day. Result: a smooth, luscious, clear, supple, plump, alluring, stunning, shaven, appetizing, smells good, and beautiful epidermis.

All jokes aside, I take these everyday consistently and rarely get any pimples now.

Consistency is key, you can't expect results in a week. Remember, a new layer of skin is formed around 4 to 6 weeks.

EDIT:

Also eat healthy not for your skin but for holistic health, your skin will indirectly thank you!

MemberMember
(@hamdinger)

Posted : 11/18/2014 11:38 am

Milk thistle! And brazil nuts for selenium.