Notifications
Clear all

Aren't You Sick And Tired....

MemberMember
(@sue7)

Posted : 07/05/2014 10:16 am

Alright, so here i am again, browsing the internet to research more on acne and trying to find an escape from the real world.... just sitting and wondering how sick and tired i am right now, completely exhausted and mentally drained. Acne is a tough situation to deal with...but the constant effort to keep it under control is even more difficult..it seems like it has consumed me and by reading other people's post , it seems like it has consumed a lot many life. All the constant research, skincare routine, what to eat, what not to eat, don't touch your face, try this treatment, try that, wait to see the results, keep track of it getting better or worse...the list goes on and on....

sometimes it just seems like living with it would be kind of less stressful...of course that's not what i will be doing..it will spend my last breath fighting it...but i find myself far lost and separated from the feeling called happiness.. i am aware that i am clinically depressed.

just thinking that maybe i should try and find something else to make myself happy..can't even remotely think of anything but still..

in the meantime i would just be back on my acne fight and allow it to consumer some more days of my life....guess that's destiny..

MemberMember
(@nusunt)

Posted : 07/05/2014 4:20 pm

I would suggest you come up with a good, simple, suitable for you routine and follow it for a few weeks without interruptions, no matter what.

But at the same time, very important, make sure that you are busy with something else: a personal project, work, fitness... anything will do. This way you will be doing something good both for you and for your skin, instead of just concentrating all day long on your skin.

I hope this helps.

Laura

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/05/2014 5:05 pm

I feel the same way.The best thing for me is to keep myself busy or to hang out with friends so that I don't think about my skin.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/05/2014 6:44 pm

Many of us are going through this exact thing! In 2012 I was on the verge of giving up on my life and i almost did too but my friends pulled me back from the brink with the help of God. I almost felt myself going back there at the start of May as my acne started getting bad again but I prayed about it and decided that this was going to be the summer that I lived my life as if I had no acne. So far, so good! I have not turned down a single engagement, even when my face was broken out 10 ways to Sunday. I find myself getting through each engagement with less and less stress and even though my acne sucks, i realize that not one single person has treated me different because of it.

It is easier said than done but the more you force yourself to get out and live life outside of the virtual world, the easier it will be to give acne the finger. If you ever need to talk, feel free to PM me.

MemberMember
(@alexxrivvas)

Posted : 07/06/2014 11:31 am

I understand what you're going through is hard. For us that have/had acne the first thing that comes to our mind is "better go check myself in the mirror". It's always a struggle.

MemberMember
(@sue7)

Posted : 07/06/2014 4:33 pm

Thank you all for your concerns..... i was thinking of all ways to divert mine and other people's attention from my acne.....so i am now thinking to do something more weird(not self destructive) than acne, like get a crazy haircut or something ( since i am insane enough to put it off) , as to not become the acne girl.....just need to find out what is should be....do i sound crazy..?? no, this actually how i sound when i am in a good mood.

Anyways, thanks for all your support again...Love all of you...

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/06/2014 4:42 pm

Thank you all for your concerns..... i was thinking of all ways to divert mine and other people's attention from my acne.....so i am now thinking to do something more weird(not self destructive) than acne, like get a crazy haircut or something ( since i am insane enough to put it off) , as to not become the acne girl.....just need to find out what is should be....do i sound crazy..?? no, this actually how i sound when i am in a good mood.

The haircut, do it :D I did the same thing and got the macklemore haircut 1,5 year ago, long before it became normal (not trying to sound like a hipster) . People gave me strange looks, but it wasn 't because of my acne anymore :P

MemberMember
(@sue7)

Posted : 07/06/2014 5:02 pm

The haircut, do it I did the same thing and got the macklemore haircut 1,5 year ago, long before it became normal (not trying to sound like a hipster) . People gave me strange looks, but it wasn 't because of my acne anymore

Oh, the macklemore haircut must look real cool...yes, i will do something since i have been able to pull off many strange things in the past, but one just cannot pull off acne sad....my parents are like one step away from getting a heart attack from my constant insane behavior...LOL