Notifications
Clear all

Dairy And Kefir Mystery!

MemberMember
(@alex1987)

Posted : 07/05/2014 8:38 am

Hey everyone,

For a long time now I have been trying to figure something out, and today may be my lucky day and one of you may actually shed some light on the subject and help me finally figure it out.

So....

I have been consuming dairy my entire life, my acne/breakouts started when I was 17, when I grew up a little... around age of 20, I started noticing belly/stomach cramps which I did not have before, they occured after drinking a glass of milk/coffe, but the interesting thing was that it only occured like once in like 5 times, so for example 1 glass of milk each day for 5 days and only like 1 or 2 of these days I would feel the cramps.

As I grew up more... (22-23 years old)

With the acne problems and skin breakouts I dropped milk entirely and started reducing dairy more and more...

but the more I reduced the dairy in my diet the more it seemed like I could not return without getting acne/breakouts.

today (I am 25 years old)... and I am left with a huge mystery..

- When I consume milk I always get belly cramps for like 1-2 hours (cow and goat both).

- But I can eat yogurt/kefir/hard cheese/soft cheese like brie or camamber/cottage cheese/cream/butter and NO stomach issues or cramps occur, instead I get annoying white heads or some wierd red skin pigments / red marks.

the mystery continues with the fact that I have been drinking cow/goat homemade milk kefir for the last year without any problem (not stomach nor acne related issues)

But... every time I tried increasing the amount of kefir consumption in a single day I would get the same whiteheads or mostly red marks on my face.

So please anyone? shed some light on this mystery... Am I lactose intolorent or what?

Research on the internet has led me to believing that kefir has the lowest amounts of lactose/casein and so I can probably tolerate 1 cup per day, but adding another cup or other source of dairy adds more lactose/casein and the symptoms appear.

So please anyone? Am I cursed into living for the rest of my life with 1 cup of homemade kefir per day and not be able to consume any source of dairy like normal human being does?

I thank each and everyone of you who actually took the time to read this and reply.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/05/2014 12:33 pm

It's not a mystery. You are lactose intolerant. Normal adult human beings are. And should not be consuming very much dairy whether they are lactose intolerant or not.

And fermented dairy has less lactose. But you break out when you increase the amount because of the many ways dairy affects the factors that lead to acne.

More info.

MemberMember
(@alex1987)

Posted : 07/05/2014 1:14 pm

It's not a mystery. You are lactose intolerant. Normal adult human beings are. And should not be consuming very much dairy whether they are lactose intolerant or not.

And fermented dairy has less lactose. But you break out when you increase the amount because of the many ways dairy affects the factors that lead to acne.

More info. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/294804-acne-dairy-and-cancer-the-5alpha-p-link/

I really want to thank you for your response and I would also like to ask, are there any other dairy with really low levels of lactose I could consume? maybe other lactose intolorent members can share dairy products they are able to consume?

p.s. does that mean lactase enzymes can actually prevent the acne when consuming dairy?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/05/2014 2:31 pm

More info. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/294804-acne-dairy-and-cancer-the-5alpha-p-link/

I really want to thank you for your response and I would also like to ask, are there any other dairy with really low levels of lactose I could consume? maybe other lactose intolorent members can share dairy products they are able to consume?

p.s. does that mean lactase enzymes can actually prevent the acne when consuming dairy?

No. they might prevent the cramps. But not any of the other negative affects.