Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So i breakout on my back quite frequently, Its not all over but its about 5 or 6 active pimples. I have this 10% BP wash that i use that helps a lot, but you can only keep it on for about 10-15 minutes before rinsing off. So i put it on before my shower. Do you think it would be a better idea to put it on AFTER my shower & just jump back in and rise it off again since my shampoo & conditioner running down my back in the shower can irritate my skin after i cleaned it?

So i breakout on my back quite frequently, Its not all over but its about 5 or 6 active pimples. I have this 10% BP wash that i use that helps a lot, but you can only keep it on for about 10-15 minutes before rinsing off. So i put it on before my shower. Do you think it would be a better idea to put it on AFTER my shower & just jump back in and rise it off again since my shampoo & conditioner running down my back in the shower can irritate my skin after i cleaned it?

Seems a bit wacky to take a shower, get dried off, etc and then jump back in the shower 15 minutes later. I think your best alternatives are: 1) Find a natural shampoo/ condtioner that doesn't irritate your back. Then put the BP wash on before the shower. Shampoos tend to have a lot of sulfates and that might be the root cause of your problem. 2) Find a leave-on BP product that you can apply after the shower. Good luck.

Seems a bit wacky to take a shower, get dried off, etc and then jump back in the shower 15 minutes later. I think your best alternatives are: 1) Find a natural shampoo/ condtioner that doesn't irritate your back. Then put the BP wash on before the shower. Shampoos tend to have a lot of sulfates and that might be the root cause of your problem. 2) Find a leave-on BP product that you can apply after the shower. Good luck.

And a huge thing is to not irritate your bacne any more.

I bought antibacterial band-aids to put on my breakouts which would prevent me from scratching at them and they faded within days (normally weeks)

Hey I have mild bacne too and I use a 2% BHA lotion from Paulas Choice and it works wonderfully!