Sunscreen Is Burnin...

Notifications
Clear all

Sunscreen Is Burning My Face

MemberMember
(@somehelp123)

Posted : 07/04/2014 1:59 pm

Hey guys,

I've literally been thru 3 different sunscreen brands. Each time after I apply it to my face my skin burns like crazy and turns super red. It looks like I got a bad sunburn. It is obviously from the BP irritating my skin. Can anyone offer advice on this?

MemberMember
(@somehelp123)

Posted : 07/04/2014 10:24 pm

Anyone?

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 07/05/2014 9:46 pm

Try using a physical sunscreen instead of a chemical one. Physical sunscreens use zinc or titanium dioxide as their active ingredient so are much less likely to cause burning or irritation.

MemberMember
(@somehelp123)

Posted : 07/06/2014 2:40 pm

Is there one you can recommend.

Thank you for replying back to me

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 07/06/2014 4:36 pm

Many chemical based sunscreens will give a hot burning sensation. Physical such as zinc oxide and titanium dioxide tend to be less irritating. Here are some suggestions. http://www.acne.org/spf.html

HopeNew liked
MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 07/06/2014 11:31 pm

MD SolarScience is a good but expensive sunscreen, sold at Sephora. It comes in a tinted shade that is lightweight and blends well into skin. I'm sure Sephora sells other physical sunscreens, just check out the active ingredients. For drugstore brands, look for the words "Natural" or "Mineral" as those sunscreens typically contain zinc oxide.

MemberMember
(@wholebook)

Posted : 07/08/2014 12:19 pm

I recommend BurnOut sunscreen. It's a completely mineral based suncreen with zinc oxide as its only ingredient. They have three kinds, the original, kids version, and a water resistant one. I recommend the kids version as it doesn't contain vitamin E as I know sometimes people say that vitamin E clogs pores. I use this sunscreen and never experience burning.

MemberMember
(@dirtyhippie)

Posted : 07/11/2014 4:29 am

I agree with WholeBook. I've been using the Burn Out sunscreen for kids and I love it! It goes on smoothly, doesn't really leave a white mask look on your face and offers very good protection. It's sold on Amazon.

And it is best to use physical sunscreen compared to chemical because physical reflects the sunrays on your face while the chemical absorbs it. In fact, a good percentage of chemical sunscreen can be absorbed by sun rays in an hour (up to 90%). What happens is that the chemical sunscreen absorbs the rays and converts it to thermal energy. So you would have to keep applying chemical sunscreen to maintain skin protection (you still have to do that with all sunscreens but not as much with physical sunscreens). If you don't want to try BurnOut, I recommend that you look for a physical sunscreen that has a high Zinc Oxide content (has more than 14%). Zinc Oxide protects against all uva and uvb rays. You can also check a sunscreen's safety rating on EWG website. Most sunscreens with zinc oxide then to score better (ie safer) because chemical sunscreens have chemicals that can disrupt your endocrine system.

MemberMember
(@somehelp123)

Posted : 07/12/2014 12:00 am

I recommend BurnOut sunscreen. It's a completely mineral based suncreen with zinc oxide as its only ingredient. They have three kinds, the original, kids version, and a water resistant one. I recommend the kids version as it doesn't contain vitamin E as I know sometimes people say that vitamin E clogs pores. I use this sunscreen and never experience burning.

thanks for the recommendation. do you use the regimen with this? I mean my skin literally burns due to the bp when i apply sunscreen, I don't want to purchase something else and have it happen again.

MemberMember
(@rudy23)

Posted : 07/12/2014 3:31 am

Don't use sunscreen. 20 minutes of sun on your skin is good for your health, after that avoid/block the sun /COMPLETELY/.

Your sunscreen might be poisoning you!

MemberMember
(@wholebook)

Posted : 07/12/2014 1:17 pm

thanks for the recommendation. do you use the regimen with this? I mean my skin literally burns due to the bp when i apply sunscreen, I don't want to purchase something else and have it happen again.

Yes, I am currently using the regimen with this sunscreen. I have to admit, right now my skin is really dry and flaky so when I put the sunscreen on it sort of emphasizes that but I used the sunscreen before the regimen and it applied great. You just have to make sure to rub it in very well. Before the regimen, my skin would burn when I used traditional chemical based sunscreens so I can imagine if that's what you're using with the regimen that it burns terribly! I'm guessing that any strictly mineral-based sunscreen would eliminate the burning but I've only tried BurnOut and the Livestrong kind.The BurnOut sunscreens are more matte than the Livestrong, but the Livestrong just way, way too oily for me. There are many different brands such as Badger, Babo Botanicals, and Blue Lizard, but unfortunately I have not tried these. Good luck! You can find BurnOut on Amazon!

I just looked up more mineral sunscreens on Amazon and found "TruKid Sunny Days SPF 30" which seems to be one of the highest rated mineral sunscreens that they have. I haven't tried it but it's another option!

MemberMember
(@somehelp123)

Posted : 07/12/2014 4:17 pm

Yes, I am currently using the regimen with this sunscreen. I have to admit, right now my skin is really dry and flaky so when I put the sunscreen on it sort of emphasizes that but I used the sunscreen before the regimen and it applied great. You just have to make sure to rub it in very well. Before the regimen, my skin would burn when I used traditional chemical based sunscreens so I can imagine if that's what you're using with the regimen that it burns terribly! I'm guessing that any strictly mineral-based sunscreen would eliminate the burning but I've only tried BurnOut and the Livestrong kind.The BurnOut sunscreens are more matte than the Livestrong, but the Livestrong just way, way too oily for me. There are many different brands such as Badger, Babo Botanicals, and Blue Lizard, but unfortunately I have not tried these. Good luck! You can find BurnOut on Amazon!I just looked up more mineral sunscreens on Amazon and found "TruKid Sunny Days SPF 30" which seems to be one of the highest rated mineral sunscreens that they have. I haven't tried it but it's another option!

Thanks again for the info. Very helpful :) so I read that burnout has changed a lot of their ingredients and is now causing acne patients more problems than good.

Thanks again