No Relief From Flak...

Notifications
Clear all

No Relief From Flakes

MemberMember
(@creamymustard212)

Posted : 07/04/2014 8:48 am

Hi, I've been on the regimen for over 3 months now, and I'm still struggling with flaking. They're always there when I get up in the morning, and it takes a lot of spot picking to make sure none surface throughout the day. I know what you're going to say: use aha! I use Aha every night as my nightly moisturizer, and still there is no difference. I lather jojoba oil over my face after I cleanse in the morning, and before applying Bp. Is there some mistake I'm making that permits these flakes to exist? Do I have to sleep on my back all night so they don't rub off onto my pillow? I need guidance.

MemberMember
(@absurdcheetah)

Posted : 07/04/2014 9:59 am

XXXX

MemberMember
(@atn)

Posted : 07/05/2014 1:29 pm

When you have bad acne, you can't afford to only apply BP once because it would not be enough to keep the bacteria at bay. It may work for some people that have light/moderate acne, but for the serious sufferers, you need two BP applications a day. So what I suggest is go to a health food store and buy some unrefined/unscented shea butter. Heat a little up in your palm by using a hair dryer. Once the butter is melted, apply it on the affected areas and follow with a paper towel by dabbing off the excess butter. It has worked wonders for me. No more flaking EVER! Shea butter non-comedogenic which means it will never clog your pores so it's perfectly safe to use. It also has tons of beneficial vitamins and uses for your skin. I'm a major advocate of shea butter. Some people call it magic butter because of its skin healing effects.

MemberMember
(@creamymustard212)

Posted : 07/06/2014 8:46 am

How would I fit the Shea butter into my regimen?

MemberMember
(@atn)

Posted : 07/09/2014 3:00 am

Shea butter should be the last thing you apply to your face after your moisturizer is completely dry. It's important that the shea butter is 100% pure with no additives, unrefined and unscented as well.

MemberMember
(@jonezy)

Posted : 07/10/2014 1:18 am

CETAPHIL SKIN CREAM. Been using it now for like 3 of the 6 years I've been on the regimen. I use to be flaky a lot too, but with this stuff, seriously ONE application after washing face and applying BP and I don't have to think about it the rest of the day.

It's may seem a little pricey at around 15 bucks for a 16 oz jar, but it takes so little with each application that I've made a jar last almost a year.