Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
falconlover

What Type Of Spot Is This On My Chin? (Pics)

Hi there, I have these painful lumps on my chin, they measure around 7mm in diameter and usually they are red, swollen without a head, and I can feel the lump from the inside of my mouth.

The pics are from yesterday when I only had two, but I woke this morning to find another four and it hurts to move my mouth.

I have a derm appointment in a month because my doc thinks I need accutane (have acne also on forehead and failed: 2 courses of minocycline, topical antibiotics, bp, other antibiotic.)

My questions are: what are these type of spots? What can I do to ease the throbbing? (I'm allergic to bp) and will the derm be likely to put me on accutane?

SORRY FOR POOR QUALITY PICS!

post-406945-0-89026400-1404472031_thumb.

post-406945-0-53635500-1404472069_thumb.

post-406945-0-89026400-1404472031_thumb.

post-406945-0-53635500-1404472069_thumb.

That's definitely cystic acne. Take ibuprofen, ice it and whatever you do, don't pick. If you're allergic to BP, i recommend using a sulfur mask to help calm down the spots.

cystic. Definitely go to the dermatologist, like you're planning. If you can call and get a cancelled appointment, the derm can give you a cortisone injection that will bring down the swelling. If not, try to atleast get a primary care appointment -- they might be willing to deal with it for you. Otherwise, the above advice is good. Ibuprofen, ice, don't pick.

Thanks for the help! I recently got the depo provera shot (derm sent a letter telling me to do so) to get accutane and I think it is causing my skin to get worse (I since have another 3 of these spots).

I can't get the derm any sooner so I think I will have to see if my gp can give me anything.

It definitely seems cystic. Aside from cortisone shots, i'm not sure what will hep in the interim besides what has been suggested.