Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I decided to go the drugstore route first. My dermatologist has given me epiduo which is a benzoyl peroxide 2.5% gel/0.1% adapalene. Would that be ok to use?

I been kinda doing it already and my face is clearing up. I use neutrogina gentle cleaning face wash, the epiduo, neutrogena oil free moisturizer sensitive skin/olay complete all day mouisturizer spf 15 (when I need some spf)..

This is coming up on week 2 and Im barely starting to get the dryness/redness. It also stings when I put the moisturizer on after the epiduo.

That sounds exactly like my old regime! I had to stop after about 2 weeks because my face began BURNING every time I washed it. My skin had became so sensitive. When I mentioned it to my dermatologist she said that using Epiduo and the Neutrogena face wash together can give you serious irritation because of the salicylic acid in the wash. I hope this didn't happen to you!

I have been using Epiduo for approximately a month or so. I use Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Face Wash and Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Moisturiser. The moisturiser does sting once you apply it but I have used the moisturiser before without epiduo and it stings a little anyway. I have not had any side effects. Personally, I have found Epiduo to be the most effective treatment I have used. I have used the regimen but I found epiduo to be more effective. It has helped fade my hyperpigmentation significantly and helped clear my blackheads. My skin is still a little dry but it is much better than when I first started.