Notifications
Clear all

Dr Yarborough Rip

MemberMember
(@a_beavhotmail-com)

Posted : 07/03/2014 9:03 pm

I know Dr Yarborough had quite a following on these boards probably 10-11 years ago. Many went to his practice for punch floats, and dermabrasion. Some multiple times. Some from over seas.

He passed recently, see his obit here:

http://www.nola.com/health/index.ssf/2014/06/dr_john_yarborough_physician_a.html#comments

I flew to NOLA for a consultation with him in the summer of '04. I remember because the Olympics were going on at the time. Then in Jan of '05 had my first and only dermabrasion with him and his staff. Cassandra, I think, was his trusty assistant. Incidentally I was there the same time his famous patient, a lady from So Cal, was getting her 8th or 9th surgery done.

He was a nice guy, gave me advise on things to do or places to eat while in town. Was nice to my mom, who went with me on the procedure trip. I remember him saying 'no one ever comes back' as in back to see him after their surgery. Incidentally I booked a flight to NOLA in August of the same year I had my surgery (7 months post) just to check in and be a tourist instead of a medical patient. Anyways, that was the same summer as Katrina and it was lurking in the Gulf Coast ready to make landfall just about when I was to fly. I cancelled my flight, and watched the horror on TV like many did.

Anyways I wanted to thank a great Dr. and many on this board who I got to know back then as I was going through my thing.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 07/03/2014 9:36 pm

I was wondering what ever became of the famous Dr. Y, who was loved and reviled on this board. Before going through with a minor dermabrasion procedure myself recently, I researched the dermabrasion threads relentlessly on here and remember reading posts that praised him and others who blamed him for ruining their lives.

I'm guessing you got good results?