Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~craig~

Dr Yarborough Rip

I know Dr Yarborough had quite a following on these boards probably 10-11 years ago. Many went to his practice for punch floats, and dermabrasion. Some multiple times. Some from over seas.

He passed recently, see his obit here:

http://www.nola.com/health/index.ssf/2014/06/dr_john_yarborough_physician_a.html#comments

I flew to NOLA for a consultation with him in the summer of '04. I remember because the Olympics were going on at the time. Then in Jan of '05 had my first and only dermabrasion with him and his staff. Cassandra, I think, was his trusty assistant. Incidentally I was there the same time his famous patient, a lady from So Cal, was getting her 8th or 9th surgery done.

He was a nice guy, gave me advise on things to do or places to eat while in town. Was nice to my mom, who went with me on the procedure trip. I remember him saying 'no one ever comes back' as in back to see him after their surgery. Incidentally I booked a flight to NOLA in August of the same year I had my surgery (7 months post) just to check in and be a tourist instead of a medical patient. Anyways, that was the same summer as Katrina and it was lurking in the Gulf Coast ready to make landfall just about when I was to fly. I cancelled my flight, and watched the horror on TV like many did.

Anyways I wanted to thank a great Dr. and many on this board who I got to know back then as I was going through my thing.

I was wondering what ever became of the famous Dr. Y, who was loved and reviled on this board. Before going through with a minor dermabrasion procedure myself recently, I researched the dermabrasion threads relentlessly on here and remember reading posts that praised him and others who blamed him for ruining their lives.

I'm guessing you got good results?

Edited by blahblah82