Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone ever had any problems with breaking out when using products with lactic acid or AHA's in them?! I've always used cleansers with salicylic and always had clear skin until I switched my cleanser to tri-active cleanse by dermalogica that contains lactic acid in an attempt to get rid of hyper pigmentation from excessive tanning. The first week my skin was actually better then ever, super smooth and soft but after about 3 weeks or so I noticed what I've found to be closed comedones on my forehead which I never had before. Then started getting pimples in areas I've NEVER had pimples before, even got a blackhead which I've never had in my life either. I thought my skin was just purging but once it was a little after 3 months my skin was the worst it's ever been so I gave up. Could my skin just not go well with lactic acid? I stopped using it about a week and a half ago and started using the clearing face wash by dermalogica instead about 5 days ago. The bumps on my forehead almost seem like they're "flattening out" but I don't know what to expect or look for as far as it clearing up because I've just never had this problem before! Thoughts?