Notifications
Clear all

Electronic Dermastamp/microneedling Advice?

MemberMember
(@livverzz)

Posted : 07/03/2014 4:57 pm

Hey all,

I have mild acne scarring and have some money aside that I want to spend on sorting it out. I have visited a couple of places that offer the Electronic Dermastamp, a more advanced dermaroller.

I am 22 and don't have much active acne, I get the occasional spot but it is mainly the scarring I want to deal with.

The first clinic seemed quite happy to get straight into the treatment and didn't think I need to prepare my skin beforehand.

The second clinic however used a skin scanning machine and told me that I still had the 'P Virus' active on my face. She recommended a combination of 'hydrofacials' and advised I need a good skincare routine or there isn't much point to the EDS - my scars would come back a short while afterwards.

So -

1. Does my skin need preparation prior to having this treatment?

2. What effect does the treatment have on active acne?

3. Can I have the EDS if I still have active acne?

It is rather expensive(£800 for 4 sessions) and I want to make sure I am doing it properly!

Thanks in advance :)

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 07/03/2014 10:48 pm

Hey all,

I have mild acne scarring and have some money aside that I want to spend on sorting it out. I have visited a couple of places that offer the Electronic Dermastamp, a more advanced dermaroller.

I am 22 and don't have much active acne, I get the occasional spot but it is mainly the scarring I want to deal with.

The first clinic seemed quite happy to get straight into the treatment and didn't think I need to prepare my skin beforehand.

The second clinic however used a skin scanning machine and told me that I still had the 'P Virus' active on my face. She recommended a combination of 'hydrofacials' and advised I need a good skincare routine or there isn't much point to the EDS - my scars would come back a short while afterwards.

So -

1. Does my skin need preparation prior to having this treatment?

2. What effect does the treatment have on active acne?

3. Can I have the EDS if I still have active acne?

It is rather expensive(800 for 4 sessions) and I want to make sure I am doing it properly!

Thanks in advance

There are at least a dozen different "electronic" microneedling devices - don't limit yourself to just the dermastamp purely for the "brand name". ie http://www.invasix.com/Fractora_7. Choose the best doctor/clinic, ideally someone who has multiple devices and combines them in one treatment session.

Maybe some mild numbing cream and an alcohol swab, but otherwise I don't think so.

It can cause further scarring if done on areas with active acne

It's not advisable, since you're going to treat scarring and then get more of it. You should wait till your actually acne is gone.

MemberMember
(@livverzz)

Posted : 07/04/2014 4:39 am

Thanks for your reply. So I don't need to take vitamin C supplements to boost collagen or is this just after the treatment?

Since I don't have much active acne, can the therapist just avoid applying the EDS in these areas to avoid further scarring?