Notifications
Clear all

Down Days!

MemberMember
(@leeman44)

Posted : 07/03/2014 3:42 pm

Dermarolling has got to be one of the most frustrating things.. As a few weeks after the temporary results start to subside and your skin sinks again!

Does anyone get days where you feel like giving up? Definately having one of them today and felt like just getting upset throughout the day

MemberMember
(@nearlydefeated)

Posted : 07/03/2014 4:02 pm

Dermarolling has got to be one of the most frustrating things.. As a few weeks after the temporary results start to subside and your skin sinks again!

Does anyone get days where you feel like giving up? Definately having one of them today and felt like just getting upset throughout the day

Yes, I have those days. Quite regular now I am older and totally drained with decades of this s**t. But.... you have to keep determined and never lose hope, because once hope has gone, there is nothing left.

I have read mostly positive things about rolling and that in itself is reassuring, as most reviews are so conflicting it is mind messing. I think patience is key and those with the fantastic results have kept at it, as it is such a gradual process. Rolling is definitely a route I am going to take when I am financially able (I daredn't attempt it myself yet, ha).

Keep at it, you are doing great!

MemberMember
(@pineapplexpress)

Posted : 07/08/2014 9:15 am

Leeman, I completely understand and It's driving me nuts! I feel as if I'm on a rollercoaster and it is emotionally wearing me out. I have day's were I feel up and then I catch my self in the wrong lighting and feel down again. I know there has been improvement but not enough. When I'm down I read the success stories of others who have done needling. Like nearly defeated said, if there's no hope then there's nothing left.

How long have you been doing needling for? And have you noticed any improvement?

The way I used to think of it was that once I get over that 5-6 month hump I should be fine because I always remember reading that it takes approximately 6 months to only just begin to start seeing results which appears to be true because just after my sixth treatment have I truly just saw noticeable improvement. Also, from all the success stories I've read, people have been going at it for atleast 2 years with one person at 8-9 months. This is the only thing that keeps me going when I begin to feel down.

MemberMember
(@leeman44)

Posted : 07/08/2014 2:02 pm

Hi mate.

Yes i totally agree.. Im being treated using TCA by Dr Chu however i still feel i need more subscision but he isn't convinced :(

I have been needling for about 4 months but stopped as it was making me feel shit. You?

Do these look indented to you? If they aren't tethered then i must just need fillers

Better photo Pineapple

post-374044-0-50893300-1404846040_thumb.

post-374044-0-95310600-1404846175_thumb.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 07/08/2014 3:23 pm

Like I said in your other post, show him these pictures or ones where it shows the indentations. This doctor seems very hard headed and not willing to listen to his patients. He's gotten mixed reviews from what I understand. Subcision and filler is way safer than TCA Cross so I"m not even sure what his resistance is coming from. Tell him these are rolling scars and TCA cross cannot be used on wide, indented scars, and that they need to be released with subcision and filled.

MemberMember
(@pineapplexpress)

Posted : 07/08/2014 3:42 pm

I do see some scarring but your scars look soft and not very harsh... if that makes sense so I think they may really benefit from needling over time.

Scars really suck like all I want is even surfaced-non dented skin I really don't think thats too much ask but apparently it is. I've just started my practicum this week and I hate it! I work with kids so I have to be out in the harsh sunlight for hours and in my mind I can only imagine how bad my scarring must look. I'm even thinking that I may have to put my needling on pause because I don't want to risk the sunlight on freshly needled skin.

If I put on sunscreen should I be ok?