Notifications
Clear all

Zinc=Testesterone?

MemberMember
(@misshopeful123)

Posted : 07/03/2014 1:26 pm

hi guys

so i have been trying to lower my testesterone levels by vegan diet,bc pill,eating flaxseed tofu organic soy beans exc.

but recently i have heard that supplementing with zinc can increase testesterone in women?

is it true because i have been taking 44 mg daily (Solgar) and if its true i might cut it off.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@misshopeful123)

Posted : 07/04/2014 6:20 am

anyone?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/04/2014 7:27 am

Zinc helps regulate hormones. I think it only raises levels in people when they are deficient. But 44mg us a high dose. I'd take more like 30.

A low glycemic and low dairy diet normalizes hormones, vegan or not. Unfermented soy damages your digestive tract much like gluten does.

What makes you think you need to lower your testosterone?

MemberMember
(@misshopeful123)

Posted : 07/05/2014 10:21 am

i had 2 blood test done (before starting Diane 35 and after one year of using it)

first one my testesterone lewels were 43 (normal range is between 5 to 40)

second one after one year of Diane 35:41 !!!!!!!!

so both my dermatologist and gynecologist said that it is a little high for some reason and since im only 17 they didnt want me to put on some heavy adrogen blockers.My derma. said that medicine like Spirio can even cause some more major problems than just acne.Anyways im considering seing an endocrinologist in a week or so to see whats going on and to find a more natural solution.By the way the ONLY time i get acne is before my period(when testesterone is rising as you know).And its pretty ugly

thanks for your suggestions

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/07/2014 8:20 am

Have they said anything about PCOS? Heve you checked your blood sugar?

MemberMember
(@misshopeful123)

Posted : 07/07/2014 4:00 pm

my blood sugar and insulin resistance is fine

no she didnt say that i have PCOS but at first she thought i have because im looking like and having a lot of the symptoms associated with PCOS

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/07/2014 4:35 pm

You could try beta sitosterol. It's in saw palmetto supplements, men's prostrate health supplements, nettle tea, pumpkin seeds which are also high in zinc. it's in all plant oils so there's a lot in avocado.