Notifications
Clear all

Zinc=Testesterone?

MemberMember
(@misshopeful123)

Posted : 07/03/2014 12:46 pm

hi guys

so i have been trying to lower my testesterone levels by vegan diet,bc pill,eating flaxseed tofu organic soy beans exc.

but recently i have heard that supplementing with zinc can increase testesterone in women?

is it true because i have been taking 44 mg daily (Solgar) and if its true i might cut it off.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@misshopeful123)

Posted : 07/03/2014 1:25 pm

anyone?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/04/2014 10:04 am

hi guys

so i have been trying to lower my testesterone levels by vegan diet,bc pill,eating flaxseed tofu organic soy beans exc.

but recently i have heard that supplementing with zinc can increase testesterone in women?

is it true because i have been taking 44 mg daily (Solgar) and if its true i might cut it off.

Thanks

I don't think that's necessarily true. Especially 44 grams of it.

Personally, I would cut out the flaxseed, tofu, and soybeans....they can be estrogenic, and excess estrogen can convert to more testosterone.

MemberMember
(@misshopeful123)

Posted : 07/04/2014 1:49 pm

thanks so what do you suggest about lowering testesterone?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/06/2014 7:00 pm

are you male or female?

Personally, I had success with inositol and DIM.....saw palmetto would be the most popular choice, but for me it didn't work.

B5 can also lower testosterone but I never tried it in large doses to see if that would be effective

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 07/07/2014 12:27 am

anyone?

The data is inconclusive. I have seen some studies showing it increases testosterone, others showing it lowers it, others showing to have no effect. As far as I can tell it's a very personalized response that depends on the individual.

I don't think zinc is all that effective for acne in majority of cases. It's also kind of hard to be deficient in zinc in the first place.

MemberMember
(@misshopeful123)

Posted : 07/07/2014 2:21 am

anyone?

The data is inconclusive. I have seen some studies showing it increases testosterone, others showing it lowers it, others showing to have no effect. As far as I can tell it's a very personalized response that depends on the individual.

I don't think zinc is all that effective for acne in majority of cases. It's also kind of hard to be deficient in zinc in the first place.

thanks

well im not a meat loving person so thats the reason why i started to supplement with zinc in the first place and i dont know maybe im one of the lucky individuals whose testestesterone levels are affected with zinc who knows anyways from now on i will try to get it by foods or maybe i should lower it to 22g?(one pill)