Notifications
Clear all

Hey Guys I Need Some Helpppp!....facewash Obagi?!?!?

MemberMember
(@ihateacne22)

Posted : 07/01/2014 9:45 pm

hey guys so i have very very very very sensitive skin with according to my dermatologist is accompanied by mild acne (whiteheads and blackheads). I was thinking of the obagi nu derm gentle cleanser and was wondering would it be gentle enough for my acne prone skin. I also have very oily skin (WORST combination I know). If not can you guys recommend a gentle deep cleaning face wash for my sensitive and oily skin. I have tried spectro and cetaphil and felt they didnt clean enough. Thanks guys for taking the time to read this and god bless.

MemberMember
(@ihateacne22)

Posted : 07/01/2014 10:31 pm

anybody no

MemberMember
(@rocker165)

Posted : 07/02/2014 2:34 am

try using Physiogel cleanser. its kinda like cetaphil except that it doesnt sting and still matches to our skin's pH. And for me, it cleans your skin really well without drying it. Its as gentle as water.

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 07/02/2014 3:52 am

I would be leery of that obagi cleanser. It has some known irritants in it (SLS, coca betaine, 5 different parabens). Plus it costs like $40 for 6.7 ounces! I have similar skin type as you (overly sensitive, oily, clogs easy, acne prone). Very few products agree with me. In the morning I wash face with Dickinsons Witch Hazel Foaming Face Wash. At night I was face with either 2% ketoconazole cleanser (prescription) or sulfur cleanser (grandpas thylox soap). These are all gentle items. Cerave foaming face wash is pretty gentle too but it didn't seem to agree with me.

Ingredients for Obagi Nu-Derm Gentle Cleanser

purified water, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium lauroyl oat amino acids, sodium laureth sulfate, glycerin, aloe barbadensis gel, glycerth-7, apricot triethanolamine, sage extract, borage extract, phenoxythanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben, saponins. fragrance, FD&C yellow #5