Problem Is Skin Ton...

Notifications
Clear all

Problem Is Skin Tone - Is The Regimen Right For Me?

MemberMember
(@zava396)

Posted : 06/30/2014 11:48 pm

Hello everybody!

As this is my first post and I'm fairly new to this website, I hope that you will forgive me if this is the wrong section to ask questions.

My problem is the following:

Since my early teens I have been struggling with acne. I am 20 now and just finished my first year of university. When I say struggle, I don't mean that my acne is that bad.

I don't get big pimples but the problem is that my overall skin tone is reddish and not even for some reason with some smaller pimple(rosacea?)

Since I will be going on a study abroad program soon, I have decided that I will take the necessary steps to defeat acne for good before my return! A bit of research led me to this site and the regimen.

Given my circumstances (not really the pimples but more unhealthy looking skin tone) is the regimen still right for me?

Or is there an alternative treatment that is better in my case?

Thank you all so much for your time and I look forward to hearing some opinions on this!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/01/2014 5:03 am

Hello everybody!

As this is my first post and I'm fairly new to this website, I hope that you will forgive me if this is the wrong section to ask questions.

Since my early teens I have been struggling with acne. I am 20 now and just finished my first year of university. When I say struggle, I don't mean that my acne is that bad.

I don't get big pimples but the problem is that my overall skin tone is reddish and not even for some reason with some smaller pimple(rosacea?)

Since I will be going on a study abroad program soon, I have decided that I will take the necessary steps to defeat acne for good before my return! A bit of research led me to this site and the regimen.

Given my circumstances (not really the pimples but more unhealthy looking skin tone) is the regimen still right for me?

Thank you all so much for your time and I look forward to hearing some opinions on this!

Don't mess up a good thing. The Regimen does help with acne but in my experience, it made my skin tone that much worse. Try something that turns over your skin faster or fade marks such as a retinoid (retin A) or AHA. You may want to find out for sure if you have rosacea because if you do, you'll have to be very careful with treatment.

MemberMember
(@zava396)

Posted : 07/02/2014 1:49 am

Hello everybody!

Don't mess up a good thing. The Regimen does help with acne but in my experience, it made my skin tone that much worse. Try something that turns over your skin faster or fade marks such as a retinoid (retin A) or AHA. You may want to find out for sure if you have rosacea because if you do, you'll have to be very careful with treatment.

Well, doesn't the regimen say to only test AHA after being on the regimen for a longer period? Or not?

Is there anywhere on acne.org where you can post pictures of your skin and then get advice on what to do or something? Haha

I could really use something like that...

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/02/2014 5:16 am

You can use AHA without the regimen. The Regimen is for acne, not skin tone. It will actually make your skin tone worse which is why you incorporate the AHA in the 1st place. If you want to upload a pic, go to the gallery tab under the COMMUNITY section and follow the directions there.

Best of luck to you.

MemberMember
(@leanna123)

Posted : 07/02/2014 7:41 am

Hello everybody!

Your acne sounds really mild so I think the Regimen from Acne.org might be a good fit. However, buying a 5% or 2.5% strength benzoyl peroxide on Amazon will save you money. Acne.org is really expensive considering that it is just benzoyl peroxide :(.