Notifications
Clear all

Help - All Food Causes Me To Get Extreme Pimples

MemberMember
(@foodcursed)

Posted : 06/30/2014 9:54 pm

Hello. I have a very bad problem, and I don't know what to do. I am a male, 23, and this has been happening to me since I was about 10. Whenever I eat basically any food I develop huge, very painful and ugly white pus filled pimples. Certain foods trigger it worse than others. For example, the worst offenders are high fructose corn syrup, anything with soybean oil / corn oil, stevia / artificial sugars, natural colors / flavors, corn starch.... Basically, I cannot eat anything outside of my house without being attacked by this "food curse". I have been eating probiotics for years and it seems to not help at all. Also, when I do eat these foods in addition to skin reactions I also get terribly bad headaches.

The only things I can really eat safely: bell peppers, steamed quinoa, baked chicken breast, water, blue agave

Sparingly: broccoli, spinach, radishes, ground turkey, potato flour, broiled fish

Anyway, I have had colonoscopies, seen gastroenterologists and no one can tell me anything. Literally no help whatsoever, not even a direction or a clue as to what is wrong with me. This is such a horrible way to live, and it is really interfering with work / social life so hopefully I can figure out what it really wrong with my body and get some kind of treatment. If anyone has ideas let me know.

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 07/04/2014 3:15 am

See an allergist. They can perform allergen and food sensitivity tests to determine your triggers.....and maybe determine a course of action to minimize/eliminate them.

MemberMember
(@foodcursed)

Posted : 07/07/2014 1:02 pm

I have. They just say, "Well you are technically not allergic to anything! woohoo!"

And I'm like wow, thanks for wasting my time. -_-

And the problem continues...

MemberMember
(@foodcursed)

Posted : 09/11/2014 4:51 pm

The problem with trying to avoid the foods and do a minimal diet is that there are so few safe foods that I can't actually function in real life on a diet of only safe foods, let alone get a nutritionally balanced diet.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 09/11/2014 5:19 pm

You could try accutane. It can change your immune system so you might be able to tolerate more foods. While on the drug, be sure to eat problem foods in moderation so the immune response that occurs can be effectively truncated.

You could also try visiting a naturopath for a food sensitivity test. These tests are much better at finding food sensitivities that are not perpetrated by IgE. Conventional tests only look at IgE and are almost entirely useless.

MemberMember
(@foodcursed)

Posted : 09/11/2014 6:10 pm

Hi Quetzlcoatl. I appreciate you trying to help, but I don't think those suggestions will be of much use. I've heard really terrible things about accutane, and I highly doubt it will solve the root cause of my food curse. Being a mathematician, I am kind of embarrassed to say that I have been to multiple naturopaths. To say it bluntly, that whole branch of knowledge is either common nutrition or complete BS. : /

I want the truth, but unfortunately nobody knows....