Notifications
Clear all

Does Bp Age Or Waste Your Skin In Any Way? Also Redmarks

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 06/30/2014 9:53 am

does it dry out your skin?

anyone got wrinkles or scars from it?

how abt texture and overall skins tone and quality? how does it looks after this treatment?

what it does to redmarks? slow or speed up their healing?

redness, inflammation, what abt those?

does bp rly work and how soon??

if i decide to try this can i just get bp? and use my own cleanser and moisturiser? will it work as effective or less?

pls answer

MemberMember
(@geeking)

Posted : 06/30/2014 8:23 pm

I wonder about all the possible side effects (advanced aging, etc), I suppose many of us won't tell until we get older.

As for if it works, I'm about a month and a half in and I see improvement, but I won't make a final call until a month or two more. I only use the BP from the site, and cleanser & moisturizer are commercial. It does make you quite dry, especially at first, just be sure to use a proper amount of moisturizer, I wasn't at first and began to use more and it definitely helps. Redness may occur depending on your sensitivity and amount you use. Check the FAQ for more detailed info.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 07/01/2014 9:42 am

a whole month to see improvment? what kind of breakouts do u have/ had before? how many pimples do u still break out daily? and what type are they?

MemberMember
(@newtoacne)

Posted : 07/01/2014 2:13 pm

I was mostly clear from using bp but then I stopped using it and broke out really bad again. I started using it again and its been about 4 months and I'm only starting to see major improvements right now. It did cause my forehead to have weird texture and a few wrinkles or im not sure if it was already like that since no one ever tells me anything,

MemberMember
(@russel)

Posted : 07/01/2014 6:40 pm

I used it for like 8 months and it definitely purged my skin, but eventually got rid of the vast majority of my acne. However it left me with lots of indented scars that just got worse over time, so I recently stopped.

MemberMember
(@willhelm)

Posted : 07/02/2014 6:17 am

I've just started today so i hope not. I've read some things online that BP causes aging but it's difficult to tell if its not just scare tactics, a lot of the original sources seem to come from alternate acne treatmentsto BP. Looking at the people who have had success with the regiment none of them seem older than they are, some people said they look older but then you read on and they say they have been doing it for 5 or 10 years, of course they look older. I imagine the cleanser and moistuizer makes you skin look so good it cancels any BP aging. Remember most people don't take care of their skin at all and go out into the sun without suncream.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 07/02/2014 9:31 pm

I've just started today so i hope not. I've read some things online that BP causes aging but it's difficult to tell if its not just scare tactics, a lot of the original sources seem to come from alternate acne treatmentsto BP. Looking at the people who have had success with the regiment none of them seem older than they are, some people said they look older but then you read on and they say they have been doing it for 5 or 10 years, of course they look older. I imagine the cleanser and moistuizer makes you skin look so good it cancels any BP aging. Remember most people don't take care of their skin at all and go out into the sun without suncream.

i second your statement, that sun is the worse cause of aging, but also genetics can make you look older or younger than you are.

I'm 42, have now used BP nearly 4 years and I still hardly have any wrinkles, but I thank my parents and also suncreen for that.

MemberMember
(@manticore)

Posted : 07/03/2014 4:31 am

a whole month to see improvment?...

It's not unusual to not see improvements for 2 or even 3 months into any kind of acne treatment.

That was my weakness years ago when I kept trying different treatments for just a couple of weeks, not seeing any improvement, so went on to something else. I didn't have the patience to see any treatment through. I wanted it to work straight away.

If you look at my gallery photos, there's not much difference between day zero & week 4, but it worked in the end.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 07/03/2014 11:41 am

idk its just so unreal to me what u say here :/ if i use something new im eager to see difference next day? but ofc i wont ditch treatment right away bcs of it. but usually after week im sure abt its efficiency. i probably will use the all package tho cos i simply dont have money to buy anything else at time..
all those months of waiting easily will sum up to ur lifetime soon..and i dont see why it would take so long to take an effect, it either works or no.
u all need to get real here
week at max or its not effective.
MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 07/03/2014 12:27 pm

No offense but Im pretty sure were all "real" here. Its a fact that acne treatments take awhile to work and nothing about that is going to change. Dont you think if there was a treatment that worked in a week we would all have taken it by now?

Ive used the regimen for 10 weeks or so now and Im completely clear except for a bit of hyper pigmentation. You should be realistic in your expectations for an acne treatment and if you dont have the patience to wait for over a week for something to work the regimen is not for you.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 07/03/2014 8:42 pm

idk its just so unreal to me what u say here :/ if i use something new im eager to see difference next day? but ofc i wont ditch treatment right away bcs of it. but usually after week im sure abt its efficiency. i probably will use the all package tho cos i simply dont have money to buy anything else at time..
all those months of waiting easily will sum up to ur lifetime soon..and i dont see why it would take so long to take an effect, it either works or no.

If you are looking to get clear in a week, then the regimen is not the right treatment for you. It is best not to even start using it.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 07/04/2014 12:03 am

i dont wanna use whole regimen just bp. is it good as a spot treatment?

bcs im still not sure wether it worsens your hyperpigmentation/redmarks or does what to them?

also how about this thing that whatever you use needs to be switched or replaced by something else after like 2 weeks? ive heard this about teas (never drink 1 type of tea longer than 2 weeks) and ive heard this about topical treatments such as creams and masks too. u might say its a myth but personally have totally seen this myself irl. after period of time thing u were using and worked good at first suddenly just stops being effective, usually week or 2. so i dont understand this long waiting for it to even begin to work. also what if ppl just start doing other things meanwhile like pills or diets?

MemberMember
(@manticore)

Posted : 07/04/2014 6:30 am

=shiki...Did you look at my gallery photos?

If I still held the view that I would only give a treatment 1 to 2 weeks to work before ditching it, then I would still look like I do in my day zero gallery photo, rather than week 8.

As I said in my previous post, even after week 4 there wasn't that much improvement.

I haven't heard about swapping treatment or tea every 2 weeks myself.

MemberMember
(@absurdcheetah)

Posted : 07/04/2014 9:51 am

XXX

MemberMember
(@mms3192)

Posted : 07/04/2014 11:02 am

Sorry but there is not one single treatment that will show improvement within a week. One of the most effective for long term is changing your diet, and that will take MONTHS to show improvement. One of the most famous treatments for "curing acne completely" is accutane and that will take longer to show improvement than the regimen so I would be patient. If you really want to clear your acne you are never going to get there without patience. Sorry to say.

I am just starting my third week on the regimen and I'm seeing results but not where I want to be in the end. It just takes time and you need to stick with it. We are all real here. It's a proven fact that it can take up to a few months for anything to work.

Think about it...when you start something new your body/skin has to get used to it. You can't begin to clear until your body/skin is used to the new product that you are using

And about the wrinkles..if you are serious about clearing your acne, then I wouldn't worry about that. There are plenty of anti-aging treatments out there that work that you can use later on. I don't think using the regimen for a year will give you wrinkles. I honestly believe that people get wrinkles but it's from other factors besides bp. Just be smart. Stay out of the sun and moisturize a lot. Drink lots of water and don't smoke. That should be enough to keep wrinkles away whether bp causes wrinkels or not.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 07/04/2014 3:12 pm

yep i did. ok ill count u as a success story but im still in doubt regarding scar/wrinkle situation. u also seem to have thick skin..
@godawfulface
wrinkles over acne? u cant be serious...
are 29 yrs old supposed to get wrinkles? when does it start to happen? are ppl really aging that soon? o.o i just thought its no sooner than 30 or something :/

And about the wrinkles..if you are serious about clearing your acne, then I wouldn't worry about that. There are plenty of anti-aging treatments out there that work that you can use later on. I don't think using the regimen for a year will give you wrinkles. I honestly believe that people get wrinkles but it's from other factors besides bp. Just be smart. Stay out of the sun and moisturize a lot. Drink lots of water and don't smoke. That should be enough to keep wrinkles away whether bp causes wrinkels or not.

MemberMember
(@mms3192)

Posted : 07/05/2014 9:07 am

@manticore

yep i did. ok ill count u as a success story but im still in doubt regarding scar/wrinkle situation. u also seem to have thick skin..

@godawfulface

wrinkles over acne? u cant be serious...

are 29 yrs old supposed to get wrinkles? when does it start to happen? are ppl really aging that soon? o.o i just thought its no sooner than 30 or something :/

u dunno what ur talking about..i will with no doubt take acne any day but stay young.

besides i havent seen absolutely anything that could regenerate ur skin back to young from after u got wrinkles.its a damage has been done. ive seen milion before afters man. observing people everywhere etc. that stuff wont go away once its there. unless its somekinda plastic surgery type of thing but i dont have cash for this stuff. which also doesnt even allways work or that much at all? plus side effects are nightmare of hell, acutane doesnt go near to that...

acne and skin disorders are too much of a random conditions. i have no idea what body will play out on my face next. so i wont be just risking with something so important and complicated to treat and preserve as a skins shape.

wtf

I don't know what I'm talking about? I do know what I'm talking about actually. When I'm referring to myself and I say if rather have a wrinkle here or there than acne..yes I did mean that. And I am telling you in my personal experience that wrinkles have not come from using bp. I stay out of the sun and I am 22 and have not one wrinkle on me.

And besides you're gonna get wrinkles one day anyway. You can't stay young forever. Wrinkles are just as beautiful and physical beauty is only artificial anyways. It's not really what's important.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 07/05/2014 5:49 pm

And besides you're gonna get wrinkles one day anyway. You can't stay young forever. Wrinkles are just as beautiful and physical beauty is only artificial anyways. It's not really what's important.

Tumblr_lvyjuqsTj11qhh1dm.gif

MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 07/05/2014 6:12 pm

Tumblr_lvyjuqsTj11qhh1dm.gif

No offense but if I had to choose between acne and a few minor wrinkles Id choose to get rid of my acne any day! Im 23 this year and Ive used topicals since I was 13 and have no wrinkles just so you know. How bad is your acne?

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 07/05/2014 6:52 pm

i dont care? its only your personal opinion
this is about benzoyl peroxide and its effects not whatever topicals btw
MemberMember
(@mms3192)

Posted : 07/06/2014 9:09 am

i dont care? its only your personal opinion
this is about benzoyl peroxide and its effects not whatever topicals btw

Benzoyl peroxide is a topical. You put it on your face. And this person is trying to help you.

If you don't care why are you even here wasting other peoples time?

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 07/06/2014 9:43 am

is everything ok with u? it is u who are wasting my time here
bp wasnt mentioned nd from what i and most know, reg topicals dont give u no wrinkles so idk what r u talking about..
now stop spaming this thread with useless shit and things u dont even have a clue about.
MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 07/06/2014 10:28 am

Clearly you dont know shit because BP is in two of the most prescribed topicals Duac and Epiduo.

I dont think any of us care now what you do weve tried to give you advice and you've been pretty rude and ungrateful in your replies. Make your own decision with regards to BP because really who cares what the hell you do.

If I were you though I would be working on your personality and attitude to others rather than your acne or wrinkles.

#peaceout

MemberMember
(@mms3192)

Posted : 07/06/2014 5:12 pm

is everything ok with u? it is u who are wasting my time here

bp wasnt mentioned nd from what i and most know, reg topicals dont give u no wrinkles so idk what r u talking about..

now stop spaming this thread with useless shit and things u dont even have a clue about.

I'm ok but i don't think you're ok.

If you feel like your time is being wasted then why did you even ask the questions if you don't want to hear the answers. Clearly you're too ignorant to understand anything were trying to tell you.

And I can't even understand what you are trying to say in that last post because you seem incapable of speaking proper English.

Enjoy having acne...and wrinkles because you will get those one day too. Cheers

MemberMember
(@manticore)

Posted : 07/06/2014 6:51 pm

@=shiki...Being male & the wrong side of half a century, then I suppose I do have thick skin, so the question of wrinkles never entered my head.

I must agree with some of the comments made by mms3192 & Sky13 though. It appears that you had already made up your mind before you even asked the questions in your first post, and you still appear to be reluctant to try anything for any length of time unless you see results within a week.

Well, that's your choice of course, but considering how angry you get when talking about your acne, I'm surprised that you don't even consider using any of the treatments a longer period of time to see if they would work.

We are all on this site for the same reason. It's not fair to get angry & insult other members who are only trying to help you.