Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Leo Mendes

I'm A Boy But I Have Hormonal Acne?

Hi! My name is Leo.

I'm a 17-year-old boy but apparently I have hormonal acne. Actually, I'm not really sure.

I've heard that hormonal acne appears around the mouth (mainly the chin) and jawlines, and I realised that I always have break-outs exactly on those areas of my face. That's why I assumed I have "hormonal acne".

My skin is extremely oily comparing to my friends'. I also avoid eating chocolate and other candy because I've heard that chocolate really causes break-outs. It happens to me, so I have been avoiding chocolate for about 4 months now. I stopped breaking-out on my forehead, cheek and nose, but now, as I said, I break-out around my mouth.

I now started taking zinc and fish-oil since a lot of people seem to recommend it here on acne.org. I started taking them about 2 months ago but I haven't seen any apparent results.

I do not wash my face when I wake up, but I do wash it before going to bed.

I went to a dermatologist and all but all he did was give me a "cream" to put on my face, which also didn't work.

I've really started to lose hope because no matter what I do, it doesn't help my skin. It's like it's going to be like this forever. Sometimes I even avoid going out with my friends by making excuses because I have these "things" on my face.

Is there ANYTHING I can do?

Hi! My name is Leo.

I'm a 17-year-old boy but apparently I have hormonal acne. Actually, I'm not really sure.

I've heard that hormonal acne appears around the mouth (mainly the chin) and jawlines, and I realised that I always have break-outs exactly on those areas of my face. That's why I assumed I have "hormonal acne".

My skin is extremely oily comparing to my friends'. I also avoid eating chocolate and other candy because I've heard that chocolate really causes break-outs. It happens to me, so I have been avoiding chocolate for about 4 months now. I stopped breaking-out on my forehead, cheek and nose, but now, as I said, I break-out around my mouth.

I now started taking zinc and fish-oil since a lot of people seem to recommend it here on acne.org. I started taking them about 2 months ago but I haven't seen any apparent results.

I do not wash my face when I wake up, but I do wash it before going to bed.

I went to a dermatologist and all but all he did was give me a "cream" to put on my face, which also didn't work.

I've really started to lose hope because no matter what I do, it doesn't help my skin. It's like it's going to be like this forever. Sometimes I even avoid going out with my friends by making excuses because I have these "things" on my face.

Is there ANYTHING I can do?

for men, zinc can do the trick but you have to take the right form. Consider following a healthy diet (perhaps start with paleo) to control spikes in insulin.