Notifications
Clear all

Dim-Plus: Hormone Regulating Acne Miracle

MemberMember
(@babyshanks)

Posted : 06/29/2014 2:34 pm

I think I've seen DIM discussed here before, but I don't remember anyone discussing whether the product has worked for them or not. DIM-plus is a supplement derived from broccoli and cauliflower which lowers bad estrogen that causes hormonal acne. I've seen a couple youtube testimonials of males saying that it has worked for them as well, but not many from women talking about acne.
I tried everything to relieve my extremely painful, cystic acne. I literally had huge cysts covering my face. I've tried birth control, which worked, but I didn't want to continue due to side effects and risks of heart problems, antibiotics, complete change in diet (no dairy, grains, sugars) and NOTHING worked. I went to many doctors and dermatologists but because I refused to try Acutane, they always ended up telling me that there was nothing else I could do.
Dim-Plus started working RIGHT AWAY. Due to the extensive redness on my pale skin, the red post acne marks began to finally go away after 4 months or so.
I'm so happy and proud of myself for finding this cure and I want to share it with everyone that is suffering!
I couldn't put my face on my pillow to sleep at night from pain. I remember going to my college's open house and I need to carry around napkins to dab the pus leaking from my cysts.
February 2013. This is what I considered a "GOOD DAY" at the time.
Today, June 29th, 2014. I started using Dim-plus in September 2013. All I have is a couple scars from the really bad cysts. I use a simple glycolic toner a couple times a week to smooth out the scars.
I don't wash my face as often as is typically suggested. I like to let my skin sit with it's natural oils as long as possible.
Typical acne washes aided in destroying my skin. I avoid products with salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, and sulfates. You really don't want extra, unnecessary inflammation if you want your skin to heal! I like African shea butter soaps; they're simple and gentle. (this is me during the TIME OF THE MONTH, usually my skin would be suffering).
This moisturizer also saved my skin from the extreme dryness. It's the only moisturizer that has actually helped my oil glands start working again on their own! My friends (with perfect skin) borrowed some as a spot treatment on their zits (somehow they both got pimples on their necks at the same time?) and they were gone the next day.
This is the site that I buy the supplement from now. It's the cheapest place to get 120 capsule bottles and you can get free shipping if you spend a certain amount. I take it as suggested; 2 capsules once a day with food to increase absorption. $18 may seem expensive, but it will last you 2 months, so that's like $9 a month (FOR CLEAR SKIN-totally worth it). I've experienced NO side effects what so ever which is exactly what I wanted in an acne treatment.
natures way dim plus 120 capsules [Edited link out]
Any questions please ask!!
WishClean liked
MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 06/30/2014 8:05 am

Hi there congratulations on your journey!

I was wondering what is the dosage you are taking of the DIM-plus? I currently take a supplement called Accumax which contains DIM itself in the dose of 80mg.

MemberMember
(@graciemeow)

Posted : 07/01/2014 5:18 pm

a lot of people have success on dim. Can I ask, what brand of dim you take/are taking? and how long until you started seeing results and what kind of results? Also, did you take a liver supplement alongside dim? There are a lot of rave reviews on a brand called Estroblock - paid a butt ton to get this shipped frm the U.S to the U.K but I am scared to take it.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/02/2014 10:32 pm

great to hear such stories. It goes to show that doctors do not know everything (and some actually know NOTHING about acne at all)

I take just plain DIM...is there soy in DIM-plus or anything else that might not be good for the long run?

MemberMember
(@user143021)

Posted : 07/03/2014 9:24 am

I took DIM Plus (made by Nature's Way) which worked for me too. I'd take it again if needed in the future. Here's a link and some info:

Ingredients Per Serving (2 Capsules):

• 100mg BioResponse DIM Complex (patented, enhanced bioavailability complex containing 25% diindolylmethane) starch, diindolylmethane, natural vitamin E, phosphatidylcholine (soy) choline, silica
  • 100mg Protectamins spinach powder, cabbage powder, concentrated broccoli powder
  • 9 IU Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopheryl succinate)

Other Ingredients: Cellulose, gelatin, chlorophyll

Does Not Contain: Gluten, salt, sugar, wheat, yeast, artificial coloring, flavoring, preservatives or dairy products.

(Women): Take 2 capsules daily with food. (Men): Take 2 capsules twice daily with food. For intensive use (Women & Men): Take up to double the recommended dose.

WishClean liked
MemberMember
(@babyshanks)

Posted : 07/27/2014 3:37 pm

Hi there congratulations on your journey!

I was wondering what is the dosage you are taking of the DIM-plus? I currently take a supplement called Accumax which contains DIM itself in the dose of 80mg.

a lot of people have success on dim. Can I ask, what brand of dim you take/are taking? and how long until you started seeing results and what kind of results? Also, did you take a liver supplement alongside dim? There are a lot of rave reviews on a brand called Estroblock - paid a butt ton to get this shipped frm the U.S to the U.K but I am scared to take it.

great to hear such stories. It goes to show that doctors do not know everything (and some actually know NOTHING about acne at all)

I take just plain DIM...is there soy in DIM-plus or anything else that might not be good for the long run?

I take Nature's Way DIM-plus Estrogen Metabolism Formula. It says that it has a patented enhanced absorption formula. I do not take a liver supplement with it. I've never heard of taking it with a liver supplement! I'll have to look that up. Nature's Way DIM-plus has phosphatidylcholine (soy) <-- exactly what it says on the bottle. I know soy can raise and imbalance estrogen levels, but what I learned from wiki is that the soy in that compound is also found in egg yolk and s a component in all animal cell membranes. I avoid consuming soy in my everyday diet, so I'm not really concerned with the soy that is in the supplement. Otherwise the supplement doesn't have that many ingredients in general.

I take DIM as directed, 100 mg a day. I've read that some women take smaller doses if they are afraid of having PMS-type side effects then work their way up to a higher dosage. I've never had any side effects apart from my usual premenstrual side effects. (I cry A LOT from sad shows, movies, commercials, books, but I think that's just me).

I have heard good things about Estroblock, but I've never tried it. It's a little expensive for me!

My dad's friend's daughter lives in Poland and she's suffering from adult acne. My dad told them the name of the supplement, the compound name (diindolymethane) and everything and they weren't able to find it anywhere in Poland or Germany! We're sending some bottles to them in a package.

For the UK, I found this: http://www.seacoast.com/topic.php?health=do+boots+pharmacy+sell+diindolylmethane

It's not the exact brand, but it contains the primary DIM compound and apparently it's available at Boots!

Maybe if you search by the compound name, you can find a cheaper and more accessible brand of supplement!

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 07/27/2014 3:49 pm

Estroblock sounds similar to Estrosmart, which I'm planning on trying. Can anyone tell me if they ever took either of these or DIM or Calcium-d-glucarate with spiro? And also how long it took to make an improvement in your acne?

MemberMember
(@babyshanks)

Posted : 07/28/2014 12:25 pm

Estroblock sounds similar to Estrosmart, which I'm planning on trying. Can anyone tell me if they ever took either of these or DIM or Calcium-d-glucarate with spiro? And also how long it took to make an improvement in your acne?

The large cysts started to go away within the first week. My skin became so much smoother just from the reduction of cystic pimples. I used to have maybe 4 or 5 very large cysts on my face at a time and that was relieved almost instantly. Because I had those extreme cysts and redness, the post acne mark redness took a couple months to clear. I have very very fair skin and it was fall/winter when my skin was healing. I'm sure if it was summer and I could have gotten a little tan, it would have made the red marks go away sooner. Exfoliation and masks also helped.

Now I get a couple small pimples before my period, which is fine with me! (honestly, I could improve my diet a little, but I've been taking organic chemistry all summer which is extremely stressful!)

My cousin finally tried DIM, she has many small pimples around the chin and mouth area. She stopped taking it because she said it's too expensive.. but hey, she also wears Chanel foundation. (Like I mentioned in the original post, the $18 DIM-plus by Nature's Way bottle lasts 2 months so $9 a month) If your hormonal acne isn't too bad, you could probably take only one pill a day (50 mg) and it would last you even longer.

I went to sephora and a girl that worked there gave me a huge, generous sample of the Murad Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel http://www.sephora.com/post-acne-spot-lightening-gel-P188907?icid2=murad_lp_quickfixes_carousel_P188907_image

It's a little expensive, but it really works within the first use. I barely used up my sample, because it worked so well! (make sure you read the directions especially where it says to wash it off before going out in the sunlight!)

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 07/28/2014 1:00 pm

Is there anywhere to get DIM Plus in Canada? No initial breakout?

The large cysts started to go away within the first week. My skin became so much smoother just from the reduction of cystic pimples. I used to have maybe 4 or 5 very large cysts on my face at a time and that was relieved almost instantly. Because I had those extreme cysts and redness, the post acne mark redness took a couple months to clear. I have very very fair skin and it was fall/winter when my skin was healing. I'm sure if it was summer and I could have gotten a little tan, it would have made the red marks go away sooner. Exfoliation and masks also helped.

Now I get a couple small pimples before my period, which is fine with me! (honestly, I could improve my diet a little, but I've been taking organic chemistry all summer which is extremely stressful!)

My cousin finally tried DIM, she has many small pimples around the chin and mouth area. She stopped taking it because she said it's too expensive.. but hey, she also wears Chanel foundation. (Like I mentioned in the original post, the $18 DIM-plus by Nature's Way bottle lasts 2 months so $9 a month) If your hormonal acne isn't too bad, you could probably take only one pill a day (50 mg) and it would last you even longer.

I went to sephora and a girl that worked there gave me a huge, generous sample of the Murad Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel http://www.sephora.com/post-acne-spot-lightening-gel-P188907?icid2=murad_lp_quickfixes_carousel_P188907_image

It's a little expensive, but it really works within the first use. I barely used up my sample, because it worked so well! (make sure you read the directions especially where it says to wash it off before going out in the sunlight!)

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 07/28/2014 1:16 pm

Hey hearts, Im going to take your advice from the inositol thread about not using Estrosmart. In that thread I asked what brand of DIM you used because I hadnt seen your answer this topic yet. Natures Way sounds good, but I am not able to order supplements form Amazon.com here in Canada. This brand is the only one available at the health food store in my town: http://sdpharmaceuticals.com/DiindolylmethaneDIM.html . What do you think?

I took DIM Plus (made by Nature's Way) which worked for me too. I'd take it again if needed in the future. Here's a link and some info:

• 100mg BioResponse DIM Complex (patented, enhanced bioavailability complex containing 25% diindolylmethane) starch, diindolylmethane, natural vitamin E, phosphatidylcholine (soy) choline, silica
  • 100mg Protectamins spinach powder, cabbage powder, concentrated broccoli powder

Does Not Contain: Gluten, salt, sugar, wheat, yeast, artificial coloring, flavoring, preservatives or dairy products.

(Women): Take 2 capsules daily with food. (Men): Take 2 capsules twice daily with food. For intensive use (Women & Men): Take up to double the recommended dose.

MemberMember
(@babyshanks)

Posted : 07/28/2014 1:36 pm

Hey hearts, Im going to take your advice from the inositol thread about not using Estrosmart. In that thread I asked what brand of DIM you used because I hadnt seen your answer this topic yet. Natures Way sounds good, but I am not able to order supplements form Amazon.com here in Canada. This brand is the only one available at the health food store in my town: http://sdpharmaceuticals.com/DiindolylmethaneDIM.html . What do you think?

That one looks alright to me. The serving is the same as Nature's Way. Make sure to take it with food, so it will be absorbed well by the body. I think as long as it has enough of the diindolymethane compound, it should work.

You could try contacting stores near you and ask them if they will consider carrying more Nature's Way products.

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 07/28/2014 1:41 pm

Thanks, but I found this quote on the AstraGin that's in it: "AstraGin is a combination of Panax Notoginseng and Astragalus Membranaceous and increases amino acid absorption by up to 66% and vitamin and mineral absorption by up to 50%. What does this mean? It means you need a lot less of the goods to do a lot more. AtraGin doesnt stop there, however. It is also insulin mimetic meaning it increases glycogen uptake in muscles for up to 24 hours. More glycogen in our muscles means more growth and recovery and less glucose stored as fat. AstraGin also increases insulin sensitivity which further aids in the above mentioned process.". I am not sure if I should take something that affects my insulin, given my PCOS and the fact that I'm already taking medicine for that. . .

MemberMember
(@babyshanks)

Posted : 07/28/2014 1:53 pm

Thanks, but I found this quote on the AstraGin that's in it: "AstraGin is a combination of Panax Notoginseng and Astragalus Membranaceous and increases amino acid absorption by up to 66% and vitamin and mineral absorption by up to 50%. What does this mean? It means you need a lot less of the goods to do a lot more. AtraGin doesnt stop there, however. It is also insulin mimetic meaning it increases glycogen uptake in muscles for up to 24 hours. More glycogen in our muscles means more growth and recovery and less glucose stored as fat. AstraGin also increases insulin sensitivity which further aids in the above mentioned process.". I am not sure if I should take something that affects my insulin, given my PCOS and the fact that I'm already taking medicine for that. . .

That one looks alright to me. The serving is the same as Nature's Way. Make sure to take it with food, so it will be absorbed well by the body. I think as long as it has enough of the diindolymethane compound, it should work.

You could try contacting stores near you and ask them if they will consider carrying more Nature's Way products.

I'm not really familiar with those components. It might be useful to ask your doctor about it. I've also read that DIM helps relieve PCOS. I looked up those compounds. It looks like they are just Chinese medicinal plants. Maybe check how much of those plants are in each dose. It may be a small amount that won't make a difference, but if you are on another medication, I suggest asking your doctor and maybe they can provide you with a name/place where you can get a DIM supplement. Since it's something you want to take everyday (I take it everyday) it might be important to take something simple without a lot of other complex ingredients. Nature's Way DIM-plus has broccoli and spinach powder which are known edible and harmless plants. Probably the less ingredients are better!

But again, ask your doctor to be sure! You don't want any negative interactions with your other medications.

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 07/28/2014 4:07 pm

Thanks! I'm trying to find Dim Plus (the one you take) online because I'm nervous about the impact of the ingredient in the other brand on insulin.

Did you have nodular acne too or mostly non-inflamed acne?

I'm excited and nervous to try this, I hope it works. :S

MemberMember
(@babyshanks)

Posted : 07/29/2014 12:51 pm

Thanks! I'm trying to find Dim Plus (the one you take) online because I'm nervous about the impact of the ingredient in the other brand on insulin.

Hmm, I would say my acne was very inflamed. I had all sorts of pimples, small white heads, large white heads, very large, deep painful cysts with lots of pus. I'm not sure what the technical name of my acne was, but I'm pretty sure I suffered from many various types. My face was ALWAYS red from the hormonal inflammation. Now it's 100 times calmer. I used to have a lot of small, less inflamed bumps on my forehead, but that has also subsided.

Good luck!!

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 07/29/2014 2:03 pm

Thanks BabyShanks.

My type of acne doesn't really have pus per say. It's more like deep, hard, painful lumps under the skin. So I hope it works for my type of acne.

I was reading that DIM Plus only has 12.5 mgs of DIM in it. How many pills should I take based on that? I've heard people say they take 100mgs of DIM, not sure if that included filler or whatever though...

Have you ever seen or read anyone say they took DIM with spiro?

Thx

B

Hmm, I would say my acne was very inflamed. I had all sorts of pimples, small white heads, large white heads, very large, deep painful cysts with lots of pus. I'm not sure what the technical name of my acne was, but I'm pretty sure I suffered from many various types. My face was ALWAYS red from the hormonal inflammation. Now it's 100 times calmer. I used to have a lot of small, less inflamed bumps on my forehead, but that has also subsided.

Good luck!! cheer.gif

MemberMember
(@babyshanks)

Posted : 07/29/2014 6:12 pm

Thanks BabyShanks.

My type of acne doesn't really have pus per say. It's more like deep, hard, painful lumps under the skin. So I hope it works for my type of acne.

I was reading that DIM Plus only has 12.5 mgs of DIM in it. How many pills should I take based on that? I've heard people say they take 100mgs of DIM, not sure if that included filler or whatever though...

Have you ever seen or read anyone say they took DIM with spiro?

Thx

B

Good luck!! cheer.gif

Yeah, I think the Nature's Way formula has other fillers. it's 100 mg of the "BioResponse-DIM complex" which is a combination of other things like vitamin E and the extra stuff is suppose to enhance the absorption of the DIM. I take 100 mg as advised on the packaging which is 2 capsules per serving for women.

I also had really deep, painful pimples, but I popped them anyway and they had a lot of pus, similar to a cyst that people often get on their backs. (gross, sorry!!)

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 07/29/2014 6:20 pm

Hahaha, no worries. Nodules don™t pop, they last for months unless treated with cortisone or other medications :S. Thanks for the info on dose :).

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/30/2014 10:14 pm

looks like 100mg is the way to go. I lowered my DIM to 50mg but now I'm back up to 100mg

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 07/30/2014 10:50 pm

Oh, WishClean, why did you up your dose?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/30/2014 11:27 pm

I upped it because, as I mentioned in the other thread, I got a sudden breakout on the left side of my face that started 2 days ago and now it has become bumpy. The things I did differently these past few days could have affected it. First, I have been under stress and feeling sad about my bf leaving. I also had more wheat than usual (a LOT of nature's valley oat bars), which also affected my digestion. And, **sorry for the TMI** but tell me if you think this could be it, I swallowed some semen the day the breakout started. I was testing the semen theory, but then I read that semen contains remnants of hormones, including testosterone...I'm wondering if that's what caused the aggressive bumps. Of course, picking made then 10x worse too. sad.

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 07/31/2014 12:28 am

Oh, I didn't see that post. I'm sorry to hear that you're stressed and sad . How long will your boyfriend be gone for?

I'm not sure about ingesting semen as a trigger, but I know a lot of people say they are more likely to breakout when they're feeling/being sexual, so perhaps that's it? And no worries about TMI, we all do it, lol.

If it's an externally triggered breakout, rather than a hormonal imbalance or issue with medication, it should clear up more quickly. Try putting a warm compress on the problem area and possibly putting some hydrocortisone cream on it to reduce inflammation, and as a bonus having cream on reduces the likelihood that you'll pick.

Sending you positive energy!

I upped it because, as I mentioned in the other thread, I got a sudden breakout on the left side of my face that started 2 days ago and now it has become bumpy. The things I did differently these past few days could have affected it. First, I have been under stress and feeling sad about my bf leaving. I also had more wheat than usual (a LOT of nature's valley oat bars), which also affected my digestion. And, **sorry for the TMI** but tell me if you think this could be it, I swallowed some semen the day the breakout started. I was testing the semen theory, but then I read that semen contains remnants of hormones, including testosterone...I'm wondering if that's what caused the aggressive bumps. Of course, picking made then 10x worse too. sad.

MemberMember
(@user143021)

Posted : 07/31/2014 11:31 am

Oh, I'm sorry you're going through that, WishClean! I hope it clears up for you soon. brenmc had some good advice about the warm compress... also putting something soothing on like aloe can help inflammation (especially from picking) as I'm sure you already know.

I don't want to get overly TMI either (sorry everyone), but I have broken out in small bumps where my bf's semen was left on my skin. I think it's possible, though maybe not as common when ingested. That specifically has never happened to me.

WishClean liked
MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 07/31/2014 1:09 pm

It sounds like trace hormones are left in semen, so it™s possible that it could be a direct correlation, rather than my former hypthesis about increased androgens during sexual periods. And as for the Nature Valley bars, it might be more likely that it is the processed sugar in them than the gluten. Don™t beat yourself up! It will be OK. :)

WishClean liked
MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 08/01/2014 10:36 am

BabyShanks, did you notice that DIM improved the acne you had or did it just prevented new acne from coming up and then your active acne just ran its course?

Thx

B

I think I've seen DIM discussed here before, but I don't remember anyone discussing whether the product has worked for them or not. DIM-plus is a supplement derived from broccoli and cauliflower which lowers bad estrogen that causes hormonal acne. I've seen a couple youtube testimonials of males saying that it has worked for them as well, but not many from women talking about acne.

I tried everything to relieve my extremely painful, cystic acne. I literally had huge cysts covering my face. I've tried birth control, which worked, but I didn't want to continue due to side effects and risks of heart problems, antibiotics, complete change in diet (no dairy, grains, sugars) and NOTHING worked. I went to many doctors and dermatologists but because I refused to try Acutane, they always ended up telling me that there was nothing else I could do.

Dim-Plus started working RIGHT AWAY. Due to the extensive redness on my pale skin, the red post acne marks began to finally go away after 4 months or so.

I'm so happy and proud of myself for finding this cure and I want to share it with everyone that is suffering!

I couldn't put my face on my pillow to sleep at night from pain. I remember going to my college's open house and I need to carry around napkins to dab the pus leaking from my cysts.

February 2013. This is what I considered a "GOOD DAY" at the time.

t0hsvc.jpg

Today, June 29th, 2014. I started using Dim-plus in September 2013. All I have is a couple scars from the really bad cysts. I use a simple glycolic toner a couple times a week to smooth out the scars.

I don't wash my face as often as is typically suggested. I like to let my skin sit with it's natural oils as long as possible.

Typical acne washes aided in destroying my skin. I avoid products with salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, and sulfates. You really don't want extra, unnecessary inflammation if you want your skin to heal! I like African shea butter soaps; they're simple and gentle. (this is me during the TIME OF THE MONTH, usually my skin would be suffering).

34donf9.jpg

This moisturizer also saved my skin from the extreme dryness. It's the only moisturizer that has actually helped my oil glands start working again on their own! My friends (with perfect skin) borrowed some as a spot treatment on their zits (somehow they both got pimples on their necks at the same time?) and they were gone the next day.

http://www.sephora.com/ultra-repair-cream-P248407?skuId=1217744

This is the site that I buy the supplement from now. It's the cheapest place to get 120 capsule bottles and you can get free shipping if you spend a certain amount. I take it as suggested; 2 capsules once a day with food to increase absorption. $18 may seem expensive, but it will last you 2 months, so that's like $9 a month (FOR CLEAR SKIN-totally worth it). I've experienced NO side effects what so ever which is exactly what I wanted in an acne treatment.

http://www.supersup.com/natures-way-dim-plus-120-capsules-033674148501

Any questions please ask!!