Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DELETED

DELETED

Edited by Guest

Bump

(Sorry but omg I'm really scared that they're permanent)

Hey, it sounds like an allergic reaction since you say your eyes were sore and the area was red, and usually and allergic reaction that affects the eyes will make the skin look dry and a bit wrinkly as well as red and sore. Maybe try applying less Bp or none for a few days to see ifit calms down, an anti histamine might help as well, something like piriton, they are for hay fever and allergic reactions, might take down any swelling, although make sure you ask the pharmacist first to make sure you are able to take them.

I don't think so, but thank you for your reply anyway! I got a new moisturizer and the dryness and "wrinkles" have pretty much disappeared.

I had this happen to me my second week on the regimen. I was freaking out with these "wrinkles" and also enlarged pores....I think my skin was just getting used to it. It's been 2 months and these have gone away... they are not permanent

Ok ,I wasn't sure if I needed to add a reply to this ,since the people who already answered did a great job.

I have been using benzoyl peroxide for about 20 years,mostly 2.5% and the time that I went for the 5% ,I kind of had a similar reaction.

I'm 52, and I only have the minimum wrinkles, the laugh lines that are barely noticeable(mostly by wearing heavy make-up).

I think that I have more scars from picking than wrinkles.

My husband is younger than me and he has more wrinkles than me, he has never used benzoyl peroxide,because he only had transitional acne when he was a teenager.

I think it has to do with the fact that I have always had oily skin, and good genes , or I don't know because my sisters who are younger they have more wrinkles than me ,I guess I got all the oily skin gene then.

Oh and one more thing,I had a lot of sun exposure in the past ,didn't use sunscreens or moisturizer because they would cause breakouts, and I'm lucky that I only have the minimum dark spots that come with age , that is inevitable,it is called ,growing old .

So wrinkles are kind of a ? , in my case.

My grandmother had so much sun exposure, not by choice,she had a hard life. She didn't have any brown spots or pronounced wrinkles, she passed away at the age of 87.

And she only washed her face with soap,no makeup.