Notifications
Clear all

Help! Skin Oily Again On Accutane

MemberMember
(@k-lilive-com)

Posted : 06/28/2014 10:20 am

I am currently 34 days into my treatment - 40mg/day Accutane. So far it has done nothing for my acne, except for the extreme dryness. When I was 15 days in, my skin was extremely dry, which I thought was a good thing because it meant the medication was working. And also it was really nice not having oily skin and having to blot throughout the day.

But today, suddenly I woke up to find the skin around my nose oily again. It's definitely not as bad as it used to be, but my skin is definitely not as dry and itchy anymore. Should I be worried that Accutane is not working for me?

I'm hesitant to increase my dosage, because if it's true that you should be taking 1mg/day/kg then I'm pretty much at my limit as I weight about 43 kg.

Has this happened to anyone else?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/28/2014 2:40 pm

You're still very early into treatment so your skin will fluctuate and such. Not everyone dries out at the same consistent rate so i wouldn't be alarmed.

MemberMember
(@k-lilive-com)

Posted : 07/02/2014 3:10 am

You're still very early into treatment so your skin will fluctuate and such. Not everyone dries out at the same consistent rate so i wouldn't be alarmed.

Well, that makes me feel a bit better to know, thanks!