Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
christian1990

Salicylic Peel?

Hi, can anyone tell me if they have had a salicylic peel done and what were the results like. I was on accutane when I was younger and don't suffer from acne anymore, but have some minor scarring (looks like large pores or small ice pick scars). He recommended the salicylic peel. I did a at home tca peel 25% a few months ago and it seemed like it helped a little. Trying to get some feed back as to if the salicylic peel will help even my skin tone complexion as well tighten my skin?

No, a salicylic peel will not even the complexion or tighten your skin. Salicylic peels are used for highly congested pores.

If you only saw "a little" results from a 25% TCA peel, you'll need to look into laser resurfacing or very deep resurfacing peels performed by a physician. None of the at home strengths will help you.

Hi i had a salicylic peel and it was a horrible experience. At first i smoothed out my skin but two days later i realized that my skin had completely hardened..it literally felt like.leather on my.face and the next day my skin had started to.crack and peel...the peeling was bad for about a week.it didnt make.much of.a.difference with my.skin aferwards either...it did.make.me.break out even more