Notifications
Clear all

Juicing Good Or Bad?

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 06/27/2014 2:30 pm

What do you guys thing of juicing? Do you think vegetable juice has too high of a glycemic impact to be beneficial? I've been juicing carrots, beets, and spinach for the past 2 weeks, and I'm not sure, but I think my skin might be more oily? Thoughts?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/27/2014 5:40 pm

What do you guys thing of juicing? Do you think vegetable juice has too high of a glycemic impact to be beneficial? I've been juicing carrots, beets, and spinach for the past 2 weeks, and I'm not sure, but I think my skin might be more oily? Thoughts?

I'm interested to see the responses you get from this. It can take several weeks to a few months to find out the effect this may have on skin.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 06/27/2014 11:09 pm

Just a quick note. It was the tazorac I started using making me more oily, not the juicing. I only used the tazorac once. Hopefully the oilyness calms down.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/27/2014 11:42 pm

Hey there :)!

I juiced for a month a couple of times so far and I just had more energy than usual. I wouldn't worry about the glycemic index as you could probably very easily tell when the drink is too sugary.

If you're focused on low GI I'd eat the whole vegetable to get full faster with less sugars.

I really hope you stick with it for more than a month so you could share the results :)

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 06/28/2014 10:58 pm

depends on what you are juicing. A higher ratio of vegetables vs. fruit is always better....and you can't go wrong with veggies like kale and cucumber. If you need to make the juice a bit sweeter, you can add pineapple, banana, and/or berries (but obviously in smaller quantities).

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 06/29/2014 8:38 pm

I've been juicing spinach, carrots, sweet potato, beets, and cucumber. My skin has been ridiculously oily the last couple of days. It could be because of a few things like me missing a few birth control pills, trying tazorac, or the juicing. The oil is really stressing me out, though so I'm going to lay off the juicing for a little and just eat more vegetables instead. Maybe the sugary vegetable juice is just too much for my skin without the fiber of the vegetables? I have PCOS so I don't think I'm supposed to be eating high glycemic load things, but I'm not sure.