Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
willgetoverit

Quinoa Or Brown Rice? Or Nothing At All?

Hello,

I was wondering, what is better : quinoa or brown rice. I can't eat fruit (besides bananas I guess, but I dont experiment any more with the stuff), so I basically eat only :

-veggies A LOT, no tomatoes

-at least 250 g salmon a day (or other fish or shrimps)

-organic eggs

-not every day: organic pork, organic poultry

-not every day: avocado, some olives

-every day: olive oil native extra

- rare: sweet potatoes

-every day supplements

I exercise every single day and am losing weight like crazy. I feel crappy without any carbs, but I see that my face is clearing.

What could you suggest? Is eating a little bit of brown rice most days or quinoa worth it? Or I should better stick to the veggies.

I cant tolerate white rice, because it makes me hungry. Last time I ate brown rice I felt satiated for long period of time but I couldnt record any effect on acne because I overate on it (like 250 g DRY in 2 sittings...).

Or is it just better to struggle till I get 100% clear?

I fear food.

Why not eat more sweet potatoes and avocados? What about lentils? Buckwheat? Squashes?

As far as which is better between quinoa and brown rice, I guess I'd say quinoa. Quinoa has saponins that can irritate the digestive tract so it must be rinsed very well, but at least its a more complete protein.

Edited by alternativista

Why not eat more sweet potatoes and avocados? What about lentils? Buckwheat? Squashes?

As far as which is better between quinoa and brown rice, I guess I'd say quinoa. Quinoa has saponins that can irritate the digestive tract so it must be rinsed very well, but at least its a more complete protein.

Thanks.

More avocados... I thought they have too much omega 6 (like 4 g in 1 avocado). Sweet potatoes tastes for me like carrots and I actually hate them.

But for the buckwheat I didnt know, thanks. Is this better than amaranth? I eventually bought amaranth and will prepare it with tofu (bad, I know...) and some olive paste. I just need to eat something.

I thought lentils are bad. I havent eaten them for 2 years, as I try to stay paleo.

So how would you rate the best possible starches out there?

lentils, buckwheat, amaranth, quinoa - do this foods have some health benefits or are they just "not that bad as", if you know what I mean.

If there is no benefit at all I will try to keef them as "junk alternatives". I am also 2 days before my period, so I have BIG APPETITE. :D

EDIT: I just made the amaranth thing and regreted that I spent 5 Euros on this mess. It tastes like nothing and is really sticky...not even starchy. Even sweet potatoes taste better :D

EDIT: I just made the amaranth thing and regreted that I spent 5 Euros on this mess. It tastes like nothing and is really sticky...not even starchy. Even sweet potatoes taste better :D

?? You add salt and other flavorings. The quinoa and brown rice will taste like nothing as well if you don't.

And sweet potatoes are delicious.