Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnecangotohell

is drinking milk bad for acne?

oK since u ask that its been about a week since i havent had milk or cereal i have been eating pizza every day for lunch and alot of junk food i only broke out with 2 or 3 small pimples so i realized milk was bad for me try not drinking it for a while and see if u see results

AT SCHOOL FOR LUNCH WE HAVE MILKS ... AND I GET THEM EVERYDAY.. srry about caps im too lazy -.-.. and i get the milk everyday.. but so do the others and they dont have acne =(

i've cut out cows milk completly and my face is simply clearing up! i've only had a few spots. my face is looking so much better compared to before.

instead of cows milk i know have soya milk with cereral - it tastes better then cows milk!

im not sure if my spots are completly to do with the milk. i also started taking a probiotic (primal denfense) a week or two before completly cutting out the cows milk.

read up on the net, cows milk isn't actually good for you!

Maybe its a case by case basis. I happen to think it makes my acne kick up a notch, but it does'nt seem to bother others.

If you cut off all your dairies though, I would recomend taking a calcium supplement in there place becouse you dont want weak bones

i would be careful substituting soy milk for regular milk as soy is also said to contain iodine, and 'sea salt' is often added to soy milks, which definitely contains iodine...so, if you notice a resurgence in oiliness, that may be your problem...but, yea, take a calcium supplement if you are cutting out milk entirely and not substituting it with another calcium-rich source

what a coinicidence...i was just gonna check this site for milk affects. I've just broke out with FOUR damn spots(don't know what you call them but they take like two weeks or more to go away) pretty much next to each other and i feel it's cause i was eating cereal and drinking milk which i haven't done in awhile. I was pretty much clearing up cept for my scars until i started eating cereal. I hate this because i dont' know what to eat for breakfast besides either eggs, cereal, cup of noodle, or bagels? Any suggestions that won't help my skin to break out?

I was eating cup of noodles or eggs and it kept my skin relatively clear but i'm getting sick of eating the same thing over and over.

fruit! you could also just eat your cereal dry or 'filter' out the milk with each spoonful of cereal (i.e. tipping the the spoon against the side of the bowl, removing most of the milk and keeping the cereal)

fruit!  you could also just eat your cereal dry or 'filter' out the milk with each spoonful of cereal (i.e. tipping the the spoon against the side of the bowl, removing most of the milk and keeping the cereal)

I drink all the milk I want, my skin is never oily.

Soy milk has estrogen in it, as a matter of fact. They're still studying what it does to pre-puberty boys who drink it.

My aunt eats all the right food and she is terribly unhealthy. Her younger brother eats candy all the time and once went on an "ice cream diet" eating ice cream only for 6 mos. he LOST WEIGHT ON THIS DIET. My aunt only drinks soy milk and "organic milk". My uncle drinks whatever he wants and he's a happier healthier person...

eusa_think.gif

Milk once a day should be fine.

Having it more than once a day will cause problems.

Remember cheese, yogurt and other foods also contain milk.

Similarly too much carbs from wheat or rice can also cause problems.

Most processed foods have too much of wheat products or milk.

Make your meals more balanced. Vegetables must be the most important component for healthy skin.