Notifications
Clear all

Why Would Acne Spread? What Causes It? (Starts On Face Then Keeps Going Further)

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 06/25/2014 10:08 pm

theres not a single place on my body acne havent left its mark on but it wasnt allways like this..

it all started with usual few breakouts here and there that everyone freak out about already. i only broke out on nose and area near to it. only after AWHILE it started to pop out on my forhead, then on chin. i remember i was glad my cheeks are still smooth and clean. i thought it will go away and never wouldve imagine what it will become at all..again only after awhile it moved to cheeks too and rest of areas on my face. clogged pores also aperead. then neck. then back. and now in last yrs its on legs (upper) and specifically this year its already on my legs (lower part) yes even there??

basically overall acne has been fuking with my:

face (all of it by now)

neck

back

frontside and belly

ass

arms (upper and lower part)

legs (upper and lower)

on head too

on and in ears and even both sides of earlobes

it was spreading! not like body has acne prone areas and it grows there but it was like infecting all my body gradually, part by part. starting from up and going down..

isnt that weird??

how is that usually explained??

MemberMember
(@prettysam)

Posted : 06/26/2014 2:23 am

Wow that's quite awful and annoying. Good diet can help control the skin from spreading and a regular diet too. Drinking lots of water can also help prevent acne from spreading. My cousin had the same problem with you before and made her annoyed and pissed off. Her acne grew from her face, to neck, back. She has also irregular menstrual cycle and the doctor was able to address the cause of her acne.

MemberMember
(@loeloe)

Posted : 06/26/2014 12:35 pm

If it's hormonal acne it has nothing to do with food. I don't know why it spreads. Just because the hormons and bacteria. Which are coming from the inside out. Because it is proved that it cant come from the outside.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 06/28/2014 2:52 pm

ok but y would hormones work wrongly for such long time then, is it genetical defect then? nyways what explains why they are spreading? does bateria suddenly decides to travel from ur face to ur butt just like that or what?

anyone else knows?

idk but i think this might be important point in overall case as well bcs wtf..

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 06/30/2014 8:11 am

ok bump

i just bet theres key to acne somewhere abt this..

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 06/30/2014 2:44 pm

I am under the impression that getting acne on your arms, legs, and stomach is very uncommon. What has your dermatologist given you to treat the acne?

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 07/01/2014 9:35 am

i was to derm only once but it was enough to tell that its complete waste of time and cash! they prescribed me bioderma face wash and somekinda shit cream (skinoren), it was gross, greasy and just didnt work.
i did mention tane btw but she just started saying something irrelevant i dont care abt, it was apparent im not goin to get it..like its only for severe ppl but she had to be blind cos she was examining my face in extra light n she couldnt see how screwed my texture from acne is? and all the redness etc, how is tht not severe? i dont have no money and no time for their shit...
no diets and no crazy cleanses ive ever done have been able neither stop my acne neither stop it from spreading
MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 07/02/2014 4:11 am

It spreads because it is a skin infection, either bacterial or fungal. Read about folliculitis. It is relatively common and occurs on back, chest, scalp, neck, etc. I had it and it took 3 years to get it cleared up. It is critical to know whether it is bacterial or fungal type. Demand the dermatologist do a biopsy to determine this. The type will dictate the treatment method. The condition can worsen if incorrect treatment is used....I found out the hard way.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 07/04/2014 3:30 pm

It spreads because it is a skin infection, either bacterial or fungal. Read about folliculitis. It is relatively common and occurs on back, chest, scalp, neck, etc. I had it and it took 3 years to get it cleared up. It is critical to know whether it is bacterial or fungal type. Demand the dermatologist do a biopsy to determine this. The type will dictate the treatment method. The condition can worsen if incorrect treatment is used....I found out the hard way.

what did u do?? what were your treatments???

pics on google are just too much for my eyes...scared for life now! im sorry but just..just..

KILL-IT-WITH-FIRE-FUNNY-FORUM-PICS.jpg

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 07/04/2014 8:30 pm

First dermatologist didn't assess the condition very well and just started prescribing antibiotics and anti-bacterial topicals, which probably allowed things to worsen since my issue was fungal. After a year and a half of no improvement I switched dermatologists. This one quickly did a biopsy and found that the issue was fungal (i.e. pityrosporum yeast). I then did three courses of fluconazole and a course of itraconazole (oral anti-fungals). Additionally, I washed full torso daily with ketoconazole shampoo. It took months for all of these actions to finally knock this chit down. I still use the ketoconazole shampoo as preventitive maintenance.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 07/05/2014 7:28 pm

First dermatologist didn't assess the condition very well and just started prescribing antibiotics and anti-bacterial topicals, which probably allowed things to worsen since my issue was fungal. After a year and a half of no improvement I switched dermatologists. This one quickly did a biopsy and found that the issue was fungal (i.e. pityrosporum yeast). I then did three courses of fluconazole and a course of itraconazole (oral anti-fungals). Additionally, I washed full torso daily with ketoconazole shampoo. It took months for all of these actions to finally knock this chit down. I still use the ketoconazole shampoo as preventitive maintenance.

hey but did it start gradualy for u as well? how bad it was? cos for me its like maybe 3-5% of skin thats breakouts (talking solely abt body) atm but im srsly pretty worried right now ><..congrats on recovery ofc but what about reg acne? do u still have it? on face i mean..

MemberMember
(@gero1234)

Posted : 07/06/2014 12:19 pm

It could be one of two things a skin infection or the unknown. I think you should see a doctor or G.P.