Notifications
Clear all

Weird Pimple

MemberMember
(@wondergoob)

Posted : 06/25/2014 4:58 pm

I have had this one pimple for several months now. It originally started as a normal pimple, which then healed but never completely finished. It now is just a constant red bump on my face. I try to pick at it and I notice there are 2 whitish spots in it. I have tried multiple times to relieve the pressure and remove the puss. This just leads to bleeding in different spot, which leads to a huge scap that last about 2 week. Once the scab heals, it goes back to the way it used to be. I am tired of having it here, the regimen does not seem to affect it in any way like it does all my other pimples. Is this a special type of pimple and how do I get rid of it? Any suggestions or knowledge would be appreciated. Thanks

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 06/25/2014 5:17 pm

This sounds like a cyst (either cystic acne, or possibly an infected sebaceous cyst). The last thing you want to do it pick or pop it, as you risk making the infection worse or spreading it to other areas of your face. Unfortunately, topicals wont do anything as the infection is in the deeper layers of your skin, and it is highly unlikely that you can get rid of it on your own through any form of home care. I would recommend seeing a dermatologist so that he can determine the best course of action.

Worst case scenario, he may want to lance it (this is probably an unlikely scenario, though).

However, more likely fixes include antibiotics and a cortisone injection to reduce inflammation.

I repeat, DO NOT PICK IT. If it hurts, try a warm compress. This will reduce swelling and help the pain.

MemberMember
(@wondergoob)

Posted : 06/25/2014 7:08 pm

i do not believe it is a sebaceous cyst, these seem to be really big and you can see the puss. Mine it really small, you cant see the puss at all. I had noticed that there is a hair growing from it, could a hair follicle on my face have become infected?

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 06/25/2014 7:14 pm

i do not believe it is a sebaceous cyst, these seem to be really big and you can see the puss. Mine it really small, you cant see the puss at all. I had noticed that there is a hair growing from it, could a hair follicle on my face have become infected?

Yes, this is possible. Does it hurt or change or grow in any way, or itch?

It may also be a keloid scar.

MemberMember
(@wondergoob)

Posted : 06/25/2014 7:17 pm

it hurts only when I pick at it, never changes size and doesn't itch

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 06/25/2014 7:32 pm

Hmm, then it might be a keloid scar, or possibly even a skin tag. Where on your face is the pimple (i.e, by your lips or eyes, nose?) Have you seen a dermatologist in the past for your acne?

MemberMember
(@wondergoob)

Posted : 06/25/2014 7:35 pm

it is on my cheek, my acne had never been that severe that I had to go to a derm, I'm pretty sure it isn't a skin tag and aren't keloid scar long like a line? I mean honestly, this thing is like really small, idk how to describe the size but I've finally cleared up using the regimen and I feel this is just stopping me from being basically clear. I've tried putting a&d on it before but I'm not sure if it has helped.