Notifications
Clear all

Shallow Pores/icepick Scar Treatment

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/25/2014 8:30 am

so after 3 layers of 25% tca peel and my skin has peeled off , my pore is smaller , redness from tca cross is gone , smoother skin , hyperpigmentation gone /faded by alot ,

is it because medium tca peel can reach the papillary dermis ( top layer ) of the dermis for shallow scars that doing multiple tca peels which help alot ? seems that way or maybe my pores being smaller is only temporary

not sure but im completely satisfied with the results and will continue to do more in another 1-2 months

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 06/25/2014 8:47 am

How much time has passed since you completely peeled? Sounds like pretty good improvement.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/25/2014 9:27 am

How much time has passed since you completely peeled? Sounds like pretty good improvement.

today lol i know thats pretty to early to decide but im really impress with the improvements

i hear it also takes 1-2 for it to fully heal because tca peel also stimulate collagen production ?

but ill try to update in another month if it gets better, that would be great

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 06/25/2014 4:23 pm

Hate to say it but your skin will look great after it peels. The results will fade in time, as your skin returns to normal. To maintain the results, you'll have to continue doing peels. Peels simply don't go deep enough to cause collagen remodeling in the dermis but the temporary tightening and layer of fresh skin can look great. I did TCA peels for years at home and at a spa. Similarly, some of my tiny ice picks and scarred pores vanished following TCA Cross. All of them returned in time. Unfortunately, the additional scarring I got from Cross has not vanished like the improvement. I'm now waiting to see if all my scars return to normal after 3 fractional co2 laser treatments. So far, the results are holding better than peels but of course, I've lost some of the initial improvement as well. In about a week, it will be 1 year since my last co2 laser treatment.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/25/2014 5:44 pm

your ice pick scars from tca cross came back ?? thats weird

idk i still feel doing 5-10 will help

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 06/25/2014 6:48 pm

they will.

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 06/25/2014 7:33 pm

your ice pick scars from tca cross came back ?? thats weird

idk i still feel doing 5-10 will help

I only saw improvement to very small ice pick scars and scarred pores from TCA Cross. Some of them *completely* vanished and closed up after one treatment. Unfortunately, the result was temporary. I know I'm not alone with this experience. Try googling it. Also, keep in mind, I only tried Cross once. I experienced more damage from it than good. Unfortunately, the good didn't last.

I think multiple peels will make your skin look better. Unfortunately, your skin has memory. Once you give your skin a 6-12 month break, it slowly returns to normal. When damage exists in the dermis, I believe you have to attack it from the base or cut it out completely. Otherwise, the damage eventually resurfaces. At least, that's been my experience. Even with co2 laser, I'm finding the sharp edges of scars eventually return after they've been successfully sanded down. So far, mine are still softer but the edges have also slowly revealed themselves again. It's quite depressing. Fortunately, my pits that were hit with Deep FX have not returned to original depth (yet). I'm holding out hope that they don't.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/25/2014 7:56 pm

maybe some people not sure but i wouldnt do tca cross on scarred pores , they are way to shallow and tca cross will mostly make them bigger imo thats why i didnt get them done on those

that other girl named DC GIRL had good results from tca peel by using 30% as a treatment so i believe with multiple tca peel i hope to get the results i want

i dont think scarred pores or shallow ice pick are very deep in the dermis so maybe the papillary layer is enough if i keep doing tca peels every 1-2 until im satisfied hope so only think i could do now since i rather do that then lasers or another round of tca cross , i dont like the redness from tca cross

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 06/26/2014 1:08 am

DC Girl crosses with 30% TCA, stamps and breaks up scar tissue with single needling. I don't believe she does full face TCA peels but I may have missed that if she does.

Crossing with a lower concentration TCA won't result in the same redness. In fact, you probably won't scab. I do think results take a long time using her approach and you will have to maintain it to some degree.

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 06/26/2014 1:55 am

I just skimmed her thread and this is what she said about full face peels:

------

1. I don't know, didn't really do that many full face peels, mostly spot treatments. In fact, I don't know if I ever did a full face 30%, although I did do a couple lower strength ones, I think those were 15% or 20%. I just prefer spot treating, less downtime and I think the body heals stronger when it's not overwhelmed with too much at once.

------

Her success has come from a combination of techniques. When treating her scars with TCA, she focused on the actual damage by applying 30% TCA to the scar. She also stamped and needled her scars. I can see how that could lead to permanent improvement. 30% TCA alone isn't going to break up scar tissue. It also sounds like her new shallow scars vanished after she spot treated them with TCA. I can see how that is possible. Newly formed scars are not mature and as a result, easier to treat.

Even scars that appear shallow on the surface can reside in the dermis.

MemberMember
(@iamlenlen)

Posted : 06/26/2014 2:40 am

Hi guys. I have a deep scar on my nose its actually an ice pick scar. Will a fast work? What about 10 day fast? I am preparing for the fast. Hoping for your reply. Thanks. You guys might wamt to try it as well, pm me so we could start together.

I just skimmed her thread and this is what she said about full face peels:

------

1. I don't know, didn't really do that many full face peels, mostly spot treatments. In fact, I don't know if I ever did a full face 30%, although I did do a couple lower strength ones, I think those were 15% or 20%. I just prefer spot treating, less downtime and I think the body heals stronger when it's not overwhelmed with too much at once.

------

Her success has come from a combination of techniques. When treating her scars with TCA, she focused on the actual damage by applying 30% TCA to the scar. She also stamped and needled her scars. I can see how that could lead to permanent improvement. 30% TCA alone isn't going to break up scar tissue. It also sounds like her new shallow scars vanished after she spot treated them with TCA. I can see how that is possible. Newly formed scars are not mature and as a result, easier to treat.

Even scars that appear shallow on the surface can reside in the dermis.