Notifications
Clear all

Is My Acne That Bad?

MemberMember
(@poopoo2)

Posted : 06/25/2014 5:25 am

My friends call me a "dalmatian" because of the big spots on my face. I feel really insecure about it because of my skin sensitivity and oilyness. I just want to know if its really that bad? I couldnt tell cause im the only person in my room who has acne you cant see the dark spot because of low quality

post-402595-0-25975900-1403691907_thumb.

post-402595-0-59879700-1403786757_thumb.

post-402595-0-25975900-1403691907_thumb.

post-402595-0-59879700-1403786757_thumb.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 06/25/2014 7:25 am

Nope not that bad at all!

MemberMember
(@willbill)

Posted : 06/25/2014 7:56 am

Don't worry. It is not bad at all. P.S. your friends are assholes. I'm guessing you are young, so its more than likely all your friends will get pimples at some point.

MemberMember
(@poopoo2)

Posted : 06/25/2014 8:16 am

Don't worry. It is not bad at all. P.S. your friends are assholes. I'm guessing you are young, so its more than likely all your friends will get pimples at some point.

Im almost 16. And thank you.. its just that i feel really sad. My dermatologist told me its just mild so i believed her. But at the same.. i also have a feeling of uncertainty everytime my friends start to joke about my skin. They would tell a story about the volcanic erruption and relate it to my face. But thank you so much

MemberMember
(@nusunt)

Posted : 06/25/2014 9:53 am

Just ignore them ;)

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 06/25/2014 6:52 pm

Argh. They would make fun of you even if you were absolutely perfect (you're pretty close though!)! Why? Well, I can give you a long-winded explanation of the underdevelopment of the adolscent prefrontal cortex, but I'll save it. Mainly, your acne is mild. You do have some (very minor) hyper-pigmentation, which will fade with time.

And if you can, try to find new friends or at least, spend more time with the ones that don't treat you badly.

MemberMember
(@blackstock94)

Posted : 06/25/2014 6:55 pm

Your skin is not that bad and you need new friends. Someone needs to teach them some manners.

MemberMember
(@poopoo2)

Posted : 06/26/2014 4:19 am

Thank you for the uplifting comments. It really helped me a lot. <3 ive tried to keep my head up but im always in doubt. This time, im pretty sure i will be more confident about myself. Thank you guys

MemberMember
(@poopoo2)

Posted : 06/26/2014 7:51 am

Argh. They would make fun of you even if you were absolutely perfect (you're pretty close though!)! Why? Well, I can give you a long-winded explanation of the underdevelopment of the adolscent prefrontal cortex, but I'll save it. Mainly, your acne is mild. You do have some (very minor) hyper-pigmentation, which will fade with time.

And if you can, try to find new friends or at least, spend more time with the ones that don't treat you badly.

I guess you are right. Do you know anything that could help fade my spots? Thank you very much for your kind words

Your skin is not that bad and you need new friends. Someone needs to teach them some manners.

I talked to them earlier today and some of them just ignored me about it :(

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 06/26/2014 10:41 am

I guess you are right. Do you know anything that could help fade my spots? Thank you very much for your kind words

>Your skin is not that bad and you need new friends. Someone needs to teach them some manners.

I talked to them earlier today and some of them just ignored me about it

Nothing really fades PIH (post inflammatory hyperpigmentation) very well or safely. I recommend wearing high SPF everyday (even if you don't go outside) and giving it time. Any sort of sun exposure can make it worse, so stay out of the sun as much as possible or wear hats. It should take a few months for it to fade drastically as long as you don't get any new pimples in that area.

MemberMember
(@isaacneedshelp)

Posted : 06/26/2014 12:25 pm

You look gorgeous, \(^~^)/ , dont let words like that hurt you, just come up with a better comeback :P , when ever the make or hurt you.

MemberMember
(@blackstock94)

Posted : 06/26/2014 1:57 pm

>Your skin is not that bad and you need new friends. Someone needs to teach them some manners.

I talked to them earlier today and some of them just ignored me about it

That's disappointing. If they had any empathy they would apologize. You don't need that negativity in your life.

MemberMember
(@hamadryad)

Posted : 06/28/2014 3:19 am

You're adorable. I'm sorry your friends are so insensitive.

A small physical flaw is always better than a big personality flaw. Your hyperpigmentation will fade, but they'll still be jerks.

And yes, it is pretty mild.

MemberMember
(@poopoo2)

Posted : 06/28/2014 4:04 am

You're adorable. I'm sorry your friends are so insensitive.

A small physical flaw is always better than a big personality flaw. Your hyperpigmentation will fade, but they'll still be jerks.

And yes, it is pretty mild.

Thank you very much for your kindness :3. That really uplifted my confidence. And hopefully.. i could find friends that would accept my flaws and not desperately cake my face with makeup just because they dont like what they see

MemberMember
(@cindybuzz)

Posted : 06/28/2014 10:18 am

Your skin really isn't that bad, and you're still super pretty anyway.

Shame your friends are immature.

What products/routines have you tried so far to help your skin?

MemberMember
(@poopoo2)

Posted : 06/28/2014 10:46 am

Your skin really isn't that bad, and you're still super pretty anyway.

Shame your friends are immature.

What products/routines have you tried so far to help your skin?

My regimen at the moment is AHA glycolic formula cleanser, benzoyl peroxide and adapalene for my pimples and arbutin cream for the dark spots.

My skin looked really well last week but then i started using this makeup that was apparently not "non-comedogenic" and i didnt notice it was causing me to break out. Another thing is i have oily skin and at some point arbutin made my skin oilier... so im not really sure if it works or not :(

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/28/2014 2:43 pm

Your friends are asses so don't pay them any mind. You're gorgeous so I wouldn't worry about your skin so much as your acne looks mild. Also, FYI, retinoids like differin need to be used on problem areas, not on individual pimples as once a pimple appears, it has to run its course. The key of course is rooted in prevention.

MemberMember
(@mrlovalova)

Posted : 06/28/2014 4:58 pm

you are a pretty girl with mild acne, nothing to worry about :)

don't take their comments to heart, it might sound like a cliche', but this sort of behaviour usually comes from envy.

seems like you've got your regimen figured and that's important.

you are young and acne is very common at that age. while your acne is temporary and not your fault, their bad manners and shitty behaviour is harder to get rid of and totally their fault.

MemberMember
(@poopoo2)

Posted : 06/29/2014 12:00 am

Your friends are asses so don't pay them any mind. You're gorgeous so I wouldn't worry about your skin so much as your acne looks mild. Also, FYI, retinoids like differin need to be used on problem areas, not on individual pimples as once a pimple appears, it has to run its course. The key of course is rooted in prevention.

I did not know that. My dermatologist told me since i have really sensitive skin, she only allowed me to put it on the spots. Plus my father had acne before so im afraid that it will get worse.. since thats what the people around me told me :(

you are a pretty girl with mild acne, nothing to worry about :)

don't take their comments to heart, it might sound like a cliche', but this sort of behaviour usually comes from envy.

seems like you've got your regimen figured and that's important.

you are young and acne is very common at that age. while your acne is temporary and not your fault, their bad manners and shitty behaviour is harder to get rid of and totally their fault.

Aw thank you so much. Although this regimen started just 3 weeks ago.. im not really expecting fast results. But im hoping :) *fingers crossed*

MemberMember
(@katja26)

Posted : 06/29/2014 2:19 am

no, you're skin is fine.

you will find a cure

and ignore your 'friends'.

and don't worry about it, you are very gorgeous :)