Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
determinedtowin

Co2 Laser Downtime

I am soon to have a test patch of this treatment done...

How long is the down time in peoples experiences? I know people have said a couple of weeks but would it be possible to go straight back to work after just a test patch?

i had 2 - co2 (100% ablative) spot treatments done and for the first few days the skin is pink (like you scraped your skin) and it oozes a yellow fluid then once that is done its just pink. you have to keep aquaphor on the skin for at least 5-7 days until its healed but i had mine done on a wednesday (5 PM) and went back to work on monday both times.

Edited by tracy521

i had 2 - co2 (100% ablative) spot treatments done and for the first few days the skin is pink (like you scraped your skin) and it oozes a yellow fluid then once that is done its just pink. you have to keep aquaphor on the skin for at least 5-7 days until its healed but i had mine done on a wednesday (5 PM) and went back to work on monday both times.

Brilliant. Thanks for the reply :)

Old school co2 or fractional co2?

With either, if you go super aggressive settings (which you should) - you're looking at a week of downtime + 1-2 months of varying degrees of redness/pinkness for the spots you treat (but you can play it off as a tan/burn).