Notifications
Clear all

Accutane: Almost 2Months In And My Face Looks And Feels Horrible

MemberMember
(@accutanediary)

Posted : 06/24/2014 5:47 pm

Accutane: almost done with month 2 and still breaking out?!?!?

I am atleast 14 days away from completing month 2 of accutane and I am still breaking out badly. My face is very red and some of my pimples feel sore. I went on prednisone to reduce inflammation but it only took effect for atleast a week and 2 days out of the 2 week course. My acne scars look just a full bright red and it got to the point where I dont want to go out... I am a 16 year old male and about 106 pounds and currently on 20mg everyday.. I dont know what to do, looking at my face makes me feel very horrible..post-405032-0-75398000-1403650040_thumb.

post-405032-0-75398000-1403650040_thumb.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 06/24/2014 8:52 pm

hey man dont get discouraged some people just take longer than others to clear.

check this guys videos out

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/24/2014 10:03 pm

Hey!

A lot of people complain that it doesn't work, but you can't say that until the end. Just like you have to give a topical 2-3 months to see if it works, you have to finish the full course of Accutane before you say stuff like "oh, im not clear by month 2". I heard that by month 2 the acne decreases by almost 50%, but it depends on if its moderate or severe...as well as how much accutane you're taking. If im not mistaken, 20mg is between the safe side and the regular dosage in terms of your weight. Accutane works for everybody, period. Just look at all the success stories on the website. There are people with far worse acne than yours and somehow got better! You would have never guessed it's the same person

Accutane has been proven over and over to clear acne by close to 100%, so just be patient and don't think about it, because you have a long way to go. You just have to BELIEVE that it'll get better (it's not hard to believe when you look at all the miserable souls on youtube or on here who have been cured)

So dont panic and be glad you're on the best medicine you could possibly get on for your acne.

MemberMember
(@kim28)

Posted : 06/24/2014 10:32 pm

Stay calm!

Month 2 breakouts are not rare. In fact, the majority of people clear up towards the end of month three, beginning of month four. Also you are on a conservative dose.

I was a mess in month 2. Month three was better, and month four was splendid. Accutane makes the redness worse, and it may not completely subside until after your course, but it will get much better. Hang in there.

MemberMember
(@accutanediary)

Posted : 06/24/2014 11:55 pm

Thanks everyone for the positive feed back! I really shouldnt be so negative about the medicine since im barley on month 2.. sorry about that .__.

I have another question, what face washes should I use ? I am currently on a aveno foam face wash (not acne medicated).

Thanks for the help!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/25/2014 12:32 am

Cerave, dove bar soap for sensitive skin, I think those r the best :)

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/25/2014 2:18 am

It's stil pretty early on in your treatment to be clearing up really!

Give it time :) And you WILL clear up. TRUST ME!

Make sure you're also drinking tons of water and getting enough sleep for everything to work better.

Good luck!!

MemberMember
(@mandycandy)

Posted : 06/25/2014 9:05 am

aww I'm sorry you're having a rough time! And I understand the not wanting to go out, I think we've all been there before :( its terrible how acne can make us feel but it'll get better! Thats what keeps us going :) Good luck to you!