Notifications
Clear all

Differin - Terrified!

MemberMember
(@catscatsandmorecats)

Posted : 06/24/2014 5:44 pm

Hi all,

I've started on Differin 0.1% tonight, predominantly for hyper-pigmentation from acne that disappeared a few years ago. I only get one or two spots nowadays.

Anyway, I've read so much on here about the first 8 weeks making your skin absolutely terrible. I'm going away with friends in 8 weeks, I'm terrified of what this cream might do to my skin! Should I stop using it?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 06/24/2014 6:06 pm

My face always got destroyed on Differin. Now I also had a lot of current breakouts when I used it so you might be good if you dont breakout much anymore.

MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 06/24/2014 7:05 pm

The same happened to me as the above poster my face was destroyed and its taken me 8 months to sort it out. I honestly wouldnt risk it just for the odd spot or two.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/24/2014 8:05 pm

I used differin at night and duac in the am+day for 8-9 years. I used the stronger % of the gel, not the cream, because my skin was oily.

I really liked that combo, it worked for me well. At first, your skin always gets worse. Eventually, after 3 months or so it will get better. It's not going to happen overnight though. If you don't have success with it switch to a stronger topical, like tazorac.