Notifications
Clear all

Using Proactiv, Can I Also Use Something Prescribed For Hyperpigmentation?

MemberMember
(@sue7)

Posted : 06/24/2014 1:01 pm

I have some active whitehead/blackhead, but mostly dried, no cysts.... i am 3rd week into proactiv, no conclusive result...but i would like to continue using it...i have some serious hyper pigmentation ....can i also be on some prescribed topical treatment for it??...or should i wait....btw, BP does not irritate me or dry out ...have used it before for a long time...

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 06/24/2014 2:44 pm

I posted this on another persons topic a couple days ago. Your goal is to clear your skin. A goal requires steps. For one to move onto the next step, prior steps must be completed to get to your desired goal. Worry about post acne marks after you are done clearing all your acne (or most of it). Give it another month or so. Then worry about it.

Its like trying to treat post acne marks whilst on accutane. You must finish that step you started and worry about the next later.

MemberMember
(@sue7)

Posted : 06/26/2014 1:04 pm

I posted this on another persons topic a couple days ago. Your goal is to clear your skin. A goal requires steps. For one to move onto the next step, prior steps must be completed to get to your desired goal. Worry about post acne marks after you are done clearing all your acne (or most of it). Give it another month or so. Then worry about it.

Its like trying to treat post acne marks whilst on accutane. You must finish that step you started and worry about the next later.

Thank you so much for the advice...although i have only 3 to 4 acne to dry..but will wait for a while.