Notifications
Clear all

Emotional Effects Of Acne

MemberMember
(@chellexox)

Posted : 06/24/2014 10:51 am

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to be calm with my tears as I write this. I'm a 14 year old girl. I mild acne for about 5 months now. I can't take the stress, depression, not wanting to go out of my house because I'm afraid people my age will not talk to me or be around me or think I'm ugly. Ever since this started I just feel ugly and my looks are very important to me. I see other girls my age with clear perfect skin and ask "why me? I want clear skin". When I look in the mirror I want to cry. To some people it's just a few pimples but it's not to me I feel my whole face is covered. Lastly, I get depressed when I see a scar from a pimple thinking it will stay forever. Ever since my acne started I've been not acting like myself.. I'm always mad or sad, etc. I just want my clear skin back. Please help me.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/24/2014 3:02 pm

I've told this to a couple of people before on this forum, and I will probably have to repeat it a couple more times: ACNE DOES NOT MAKE YOU UGLY! Take a look at the galleries on this website, there are lots of pictures in there of beautiful people who have acne. The acne does not take away their beauty.

I get it, it's not easy for vain people to get flaws all of a sudden, but please do not let it rule your life. You're young, go out, live your life, You're more than just a skin, be proud of who you are. I can't see you but you sound like a nice, likable girl. If people don't accept you because of some red bumps, which are totally out of your control, then they are not worth your time.

Don't worry about the acne or the scars, everything can be solved with the right treatment, I've been on accutane for 4 months, it didn't do shit for 3.5 months and I was getting angry and then all of a sudden I cleared up in the last 2 weeks. Same for the scars, I just made a post just take a look at how much scarring can change in a month. Believe me, if there's a solution for me, there's one for everyone.

Lastly, these are only words, I understand that they won't take away all your insecurities all of a sudden. Eventually you will have to be the one to show that you're stronger than the acne. You only need to prove that to yourself, you don't owe an explanation to no one but yourself. But remember that you're not alone, talk to your parents about it, talk to your friends, talk to people on this forum if you feel like you need someone who knows what you're going through. Don't try to win this on your own, because you're not alone.

MemberMember
(@robert6524)

Posted : 07/15/2014 12:17 am

Hey stay strong .

Yes I know it sucks, but don't ever give up and don't let it take over your life .

I've been dealing with acne for almost a decade now ( I'm 22 btw). I've dealing with this almost my whole life , but I've always had hope and you should too. I have acne, acne scars , and even hypertrophic scars in my chest and shoulders . Sometimes I feel like I've lost all hope and think to myself this is never going to end , but I have hope that it will ! It's funny that all my siblings and cousins have clear skin, but I was the one who was stuck with acne . At first I thought it was super unfair but I accepted it and attacked the problem. Anyways , just please don't give up . I'm sure your still beautiful even though you have acne. Just don't ever give up or lose hope that it won't ever get better because it will !