Notifications
Clear all

Going To Change My Diet , Need Advice

MemberMember
(@sue7)

Posted : 06/24/2014 3:55 am

So i am going to change my diet to see if it controls my acne. Going to cut diary and sugar based products..i already don't eat any processed food and am on basically oil- free diet...oily food makes me sick....never drunk, never smoked...i need to ask is whole wheat grain good?? What about white plain rice and spices(like south asian spices) ?? i am also going to start eating some nuts everyday..

Any other advice is welcomed... i am an indian.. so our diet is quit different... so, more confusion...do help..

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/24/2014 10:49 am

What do yo mean by oil free diet? Because you need fats. But you should be careful about added oils because of quality & type of fats they contain

Get fats from food such as avocados, raw nuts/seeds, eggs, meat, coconut.

Try avoiding all wheat & other gluten grains for a while. And even if you notice no improvement, limit them. Gluten isn't good for anyone.

MemberMember
(@threedaysgrace)

Posted : 06/25/2014 4:32 pm

So i am going to change my diet to see if it controls my acne. Going to cut diary and sugar based products..i already don't eat any processed food and am on basically oil- free diet...oily food makes me sick....never drunk, never smoked...i need to ask is whole wheat grain good?? What about white plain rice and spices(like south asian spices) ?? i am also going to start eating some nuts everyday..

Any other advice is welcomed... i am an indian.. so our diet is quit different... so, more confusion...do help..

Hello I am sri lankan so I guess we have a similar diet. The diet that kept me clear was eating brown rice, pancakes made from chickpea and channa dal flour. It was lightly cooked on the frying pan- half a teaspoon of olive oil was used to make 6-8 pancakes. With rice I ate carrots, little boccolli cabbage, red split lentils and then late I ate a 20p sesame seedbar from tesco and two apples.

I also ate chicken and salmon.

The diet kept me clear for a month however I stopped because such a diet excludes lots of foods and it is difficult to follow such a restrictive diet for many years. Also I found out that I break out from pulse flours and brown rice brought in asian groceries so sri lankan and indian grocers I believe this was due to potential fillers and lots of pesticides being used. Buy the flour from large supermarket chains like asda and tesco.

I am trying to add more foods into my diet right now most nuts are high in omega 6 so dont have too many.

Eat low gi/low gl. How is your skin is it really itchy, if so then it may be due to food intolerance. Lokk into chinese face mapping

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/26/2014 8:55 am

Are ther salmon in the Indian Ocean? If not, I imagine it's very expensive. There must be some other fatty, but non-predatory fish you could eat.

MemberMember
(@sue7)

Posted : 06/26/2014 1:00 pm

What do yo mean by oil free diet? Because you need fats. But you should be careful about added oils because of quality & type of fats they contain

Get fats from food such as avocados, raw nuts/seeds, eggs, meat, coconut.

Try avoiding all wheat & other gluten grains for a while. And even if you notice no improvement, limit them. Gluten isn't good for anyone.

Didn't mean literally oil-free, sorry misuse of word, my bad. I meant all like of fried, junk, and too much visible oil, kind of oil...its not cause of acne..i actually start feeling nausea and dizzy with such things..i use very less oil for cooking, vegetable oil is the most commonly used. other options are groundnut, mustard, olive,

soya bean oil.

As for gluten..yes, i will avoid all bakery and junk food..but might start little wheat per day after 2 months or so...

Basically focusing on being diary free..to see for intolerance..

Hello I am sri lankan so I guess we have a similar diet. The diet that kept me clear was eating brown rice, pancakes made from chickpea and channa dal flour. It was lightly cooked on the frying pan- half a teaspoon of olive oil was used to make 6-8 pancakes. With rice I ate carrots, little boccolli cabbage, red split lentils and then late I ate a 20p sesame seedbar from tesco and two apples.

I also ate chicken and salmon.

The diet kept me clear for a month however I stopped because such a diet excludes lots of foods and it is difficult to follow such a restrictive diet for many years. Also I found out that I break out from pulse flours and brown rice brought in asian groceries so sri lankan and indian grocers I believe this was due to potential fillers and lots of pesticides being used. Buy the flour from large supermarket chains like asda and tesco.

I am trying to add more foods into my diet right now most nuts are high in omega 6 so dont have too many.

Eat low gi/low gl. How is your skin is it really itchy, if so then it may be due to food intolerance. Lokk into chinese face mapping

ya..the diet is tough..also if you live with our family and have a busy schedule, all meals cannot be cooked as per your needs.

Well, i will try brown rice and channa dal, and chickpea stuff..well the pesticides thing is so true...

Right now trusting only fruits, vegetables and nuts(yea, one should not eat too many nuts) mostly .

My skin is almost never itchy..maybe sometimes due to harsh tropical treatments...uses BP right now, but no itching or dryness...

And thanks for all the advice..

Are ther salmon in the Indian Ocean? If not, I imagine it's very expensive. There must be some other fatty, but non-predatory fish you could eat.

I live in a non-coastal area..so no fish for me..also 99% people here don't even know what salmon is..