Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
extremelyugly

Extreme Ocd Over Face

I have acne, minor acne, but i have an extreme fear of breaking up from things that come remotely close to my face. I have to wash my hands 50 times before i touch my face, i have extreme OCD if i touch my face or someone touches my face i think about for hours and hours until i sleep. I need help. Bad. Please. I can't even touch my own face if it itches like bloody hell.

i think you should go see a psychiatrist and see if they can help you. i dont think its anything that we can help you with on this site unfortunately.

I second what the above poster has said, OCD isnt something that can be treated via an internet forum. We can support but if you want to treat it properly I would see a health professional.

I have the same problem as well as skin picking. I saw a therapist about it for about 6 months, now I am better. You should read a book called Overcoming body dysmorphic disorder or Overcoming OCD. Both are great (I'm in the UK).

Good luck, you are not alone :-)