Notifications
Clear all

My Dermatologist Is An Idiot.

MemberMember
(@moonchild11)

Posted : 06/23/2014 1:09 am

He told me my mild acne would not leave any scarring.

He precribed a retina-a that caused a breakout and scarring.

He said I now have lots of scarring.

I ask him if it'll go away, what can be done, if it is bad, etc.

He tells me to stop talking. "Let me do the talking; I am the dermatologist". Then he goes on to describe what an indented scar is.

Perhaps the only thing he did right is precribe me accutane. But I didn't need it in the first place.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/23/2014 8:34 am

yeah you should change the doctor he said pretty rude

you probably can find more information online then going to the derm huge waste of money

MemberMember
(@moonchild11)

Posted : 06/23/2014 1:51 pm

I'm simply never seeing a dermatologist again. I refuse to be a victim of the system. If my skin never returns to normal I'll just find a way to die.

MemberMember
(@michael001001)

Posted : 06/23/2014 4:22 pm

Relax bro, you fell on a asshole.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/23/2014 6:21 pm

Hun, i know you're in a bad place psychologically. Acne, while it may seem like the end of the world, is not. There is so much beauty in the world and so much good stuff for us that the thought of dieing should not be forefront in your mind. I definitely think you should look into getting help for your mental issues as it relates to how you feel about yourself because if left unchecked, acne can consume you psychologically ( I am speaking from first hand experience).

In regards to your derm, i think anyone who is not willing to listen to a paying customer needs to go. If possible, find another derm but don't let this person speak on behalf of all derms. I've met my fair share of bad ones but i've also met some really good ones. Scarring is treatable so definitely do your research about options but please be realistic. Your skin may never go back to how it was but it can improve. I've seen your current pictures and I have to say that you are a beautiful girl so don't feel or think otherwise.

MemberMember
(@moonchild11)

Posted : 06/23/2014 7:38 pm

If you've seen my pictures, are you saying it is so bad that it cant heal completely?

I dont think its realistic to think it will never be the same. The damage literally happened over the course of a week...and I only had mild acne for two months. It is ridiculous to think that would create irrepairable damage.

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 06/23/2014 7:39 pm

Leelowe is absolutely right. Please don't obsess about your skin and think its the end of the world. I recall seeing your pics and I didn't think your acne was bad at all, I don't remember seeing much of any scarring either. Red marks will always fade, and any shallow indents will fill in over time. Please just relax and let your skin heal itself. Stressing is just a nightmare for your body and will definitely not help your skin.

The best thing you can do for your skin is to find a topical that works for you (BP, AHA, the regimen, etc if you're not currently on accutane) and stick with it to give it time to work, eat a good diet and drink plenty of water, and beyond that, just relax and enjoy your life. Feeling positive can only help you!

MemberMember
(@moonchild11)

Posted : 06/23/2014 7:40 pm

Especially since I am not scar prone. I even had cystic acne for 4 months a few years ago which I picked till it bled and none of it scarred. Also, it wasn't that long ago that I would have aged.