Notifications
Clear all

What To Use With Accutane ?

MemberMember
(@nicolascartier)

Posted : 06/22/2014 6:40 pm

Dear all

In May 2013, I started an accutane treatments that lasted 9 months, ending in January 2014. Within 2 months, my oily skin returned and breakouts resurfaced. Granted my skin is better, but not as good as I wanted it to be. During this period I moved from Switzerland to the Netherlands and changed dermatologist. She suggested a second accutane treatment, which started at the beginning of June 2014 (about 20 days ago). However, this time, the treatment is a different dosage: lower than before. Going from 30mg to 20mg, I find that my side-effects are less potent whilst achieving the same results. My skin is already quite dry and becoming very soft and smooth. With this in mind, I wanted to ask what other people are using to accompany this treatment in terms of cleansers and creams. I'm currently using a "soft" cleanser with a hydrating cream from DUCRAY. I'm currently happy with this, but was wondering what others were using and found to work well.

Thank you for your help and support.

Best wishes

Nicolas

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 07/04/2014 1:08 pm

la roche posay products is what i use chap. ultra moisturiser and gentle cleanser

MemberMember
(@kagt)

Posted : 07/08/2014 11:10 am

CeraVe...hydrating facial wash (non-foaming) and CeraVe night moisturizer. For daytime I use something with zinc for sun. Elta MD has a nice 45 spf or CeraVe's daytime facial with SPF.