Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest GetMeTheResults

Feeling Like A Million Bucks! I Know It Will Work This Time :d

Guest GetMeTheResults

I'm getting my blood test done in less than 1hr!

I'm super excited about my decision and I can't imagine what life would be for the next couple of months to half year without having to apply any topical/treatment on my skin http:////dn4iqhjvtt39e.cloudfront.net/messageboard//public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png

It feels good having birthday cake without acting weird around people and not worrying that it may theoretically break me out, hehe :D

Cheerios

Edited by GetMeTheResults

Guest GetMeTheResults

hey

how is making blood tests actually will be helping to u exactly? :/

It's a requirement for getting accutane in USA

Guest GetMeTheResults

I think my derm will put me on 10mg a day, at least that's what he told me would be beneficial last time I saw him when I broke down and started to cry. Poor guy. Im so embarrassed to go see him again lol. Im supposed to see him in 3 weeks, but I really want to see him ASAP which is in a week. The only reason why I'm not doing it is because I don't want him to find me too anxious and/or annoying, especially after my last visit. He is the only doctor who has mentioned Accutane to me, and I've build him to the point where he agreed to put me on it, so I don't want to screw everything up...

Edited by Lilly75
removing attached photos due to author request

Guest GetMeTheResults

YESSSSS!
I am seing my derm on June 30th , that is less than 6 days!!!

What can I say, I've watched so many videos on Youtube and I've read plenty of blogs on here on products that lessen the side effects of Accutane that I think it'll be a breeze Besides, I will be on a low-dose of 10mg/day, so from what I've heard the only side effect is chapped lips and some skin dryness, but nothing too bad. I'm expecting at least 85% improvement in 6 months (based on low-dose studies) with a small chance of relapse.

All of that sounds fantastic, because I will experience my first two terrible months over the summer (July and August) and my skin will only start to improve from September on when it's the most important time. I just want to feel normal in public without makeup, don't judge me. By December I would have completed my course, and I would be acne free for certain at least until I graduate. If I relapse, it'd probably happen in more than 2-3 years and I'd get on a low-dose Accutane treatment again. Honestly, I just want to live my life, soo I'll do whatever works for me.

I've become so happy that I am 1 step closer to getting clear skin that I don't even care to put makeup when I go out, haha, because I know I will get better and I really don't care if someone finds me unattractive. My whole mindset has changed

THANK you guys for showing me that there is still light at the end of the tunnel by sharing your story! It's unfortunate that this medication has such a bad stigma attached to its name based on a small percentage of people who have gotten sick after taking it for whatever reason. I can't believe how much it has helped others who probably believed there was no hope for them. I also find it hard to accept that people with only a couple of pimples get on it. I wish I had started when I was in high school, but thanks to my mom who is obsessed with doing everything the natural way I only stuck to retinoids and other prescription gels.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Congrats :) I'm happy for you. I've been following your posts for a while now. Hope it works well for you :)

Guest GetMeTheResults

Thanks, tanna :) I hope you look your best on your wedding day!!! What is ur regimen?

Soo this afternoon I decided to give my essential oils another try. The first 2 tries were unsuccessful :( this time I diluted 1 drop of green tea extract and 1 drop of peppermint extract (instead of 3) in some aloe vera juice (everything is organic) and then I gently used it as a toner. My skin burned and it's all red now :( !!! I like to categorize this method under oil cleansing, because it involves essential oils. I will never put an actual oil on my skin though, no matter how many people tell me it's non-comedogenic. It's not my thang with my oily acne prone skin. Please, don't try this at home. Oh gosh, I've spent so much money on products. It's crazy that Accutane is going to be covered under my insurance, and I'll never have to spend a dime on it, nor will I have to worry about anything...just lay back and wait for it to do its magic. How come I haven't gotten on it before!?!?!?

SO EXCITING RIGHT?! :)

I just finished my month one on 10mg of Accutane, and I have no regrets! Because I feel like I'm finally taking steps and I'm headed in the right direction. I'm 115 lbs and on 10mg I've experienced like no side effects.. also not very many results but I didn't expect to in the first month. Wait, no I did experience one side effects. Not having super oily face and hair! I can go like 4 days without washing my hair. It's amazing. Other than that still a lot of healing to go through (I have way more acne than you do).. but I'm looking forward to the process. I did experience an IB, but honestly it wasn't anything out of the ordinary, I think because it's a low dose!

I hope my skin continues to heal from this point on. :) Good luck with your journey!! And I guess I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone, and it's nice to know that neither am I. :)

Good luck to you! Its crazy how much research I had done on home remedies just hoping they would work. I think I've tried everything, even watching you tube videos determined I was going to cut those babies (cysts) out myself. I couldn't do that, but that was the last straw I knew I was ready to give accutane a try!

Guest GetMeTheResults

I was fine by the end of the day in terms of my essential oil induced redness lol. My roommate, however, was staring at my redness, but didn't ask what happened because she knows how sensitive I am about this and how many products I buy and such.. She's really cool about it, so I feel comfortable to be makeup free at home..

I've added apple cider vinegar to my cleansing routine and I love how pure my face feels, even though it is not lol.

1. Eau Thermale Avene Mousse nettoyante cleaning foam (very gentle, don't feel a thing, will probably keep using it while on Accutane)

2. Neostrata Foaming Glycolic Wash 20 Bionic/AHA (I absolutely love that product, it's my favorite wash in the whole wide world)

3. Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (on a cotton pad...at that point it stings juuust a little)

4. Aczone

I'm freaking out because I got 2 small pimples on my neck and I'm really afraid that my acne is going to start spreading down therehttp:////dn4iqhjvtt39e.cloudfront.net/messageboard//public/style_emoticons/default/ninja.gif !!! I never used to break out on my lower face and jaw until the current massive outbreak that started early this year, it's always been on my middle cheeks... I hope to prevent the spread out of the acne. I'm so scared http:////dn4iqhjvtt39e.cloudfront.net/messageboard//public/style_emoticons/default/injured.gif

I want to get on a normal dose of Accutane over the summer, which I think should be 30mg for my weight, and then reduce it to 10mg from September on. I don't know why my doctor wants me on a low dose. I'd rather experience the initial breakout ASAP and really dry the sh&t out of my glands, and then continue the therapy for a couple of months on the low dose. I just want to make sure that I'll never get acne for at least a couple of years. Any advice on what I should tell him so he can put me on 30mg?http:////dn4iqhjvtt39e.cloudfront.net/messageboard//public/style_emoticons/default/hifive.gif

Im not really sure why he would put you on a low dose especially 10mg. Honestly I think if you were on 10mg its going to take a very long time for you to clear up if you do. I would try to be on a minimum of 30mg the whole time. I only say this because you only want to have to go through this once if all possible. Thats just from my experience though..

Guest GetMeTheResults

I'm going on a vacation in December and I must look absolutely perfect. 10mg is not going to do the job for someone who is 135 pounds (61kg), right?

I mean, based on studies and according to my weight, the Accutane dose should vary between 30-60mg!!!

I am ready to like..put oil and not wash my face until I see him and when I do I will just start complaining how my acne is spreading, so he would prescribe me a more appropriate dosage!!!

Haha I wouldnt go that far! But youre right you should be between 30-and 60mg depending on how long a course you take. I dont see why he wouldnt go that route.

You already researched this a ton Im sure but someone made a pretty cool Accutane dose calculator Ill put the link here.

Is it possible he might be putting you on a lower dose for the first month or two to see how your skin reacts, and he intends to up your dose after you acclimate? I hear using this method can reduce the severity of the initial flare-up, but it can also extend the time it takes for you to see improvement. But don't self sabotage! Just ask him next time you see him what his treatment plan is. He should be more than willing to tell you.

This is a pretty common procedure, although starting so low seems unusual.

Guest GetMeTheResults

@ CWR24: Wow, thanks a lot for the file, it's nice to have it as a comparison tool.

@ megtree: I was joking, but I'll take your advice- I'll be straight forward with him. Besides, he's very good at reading my mind and I always end up sharing everything acne-related with him. This doctor is by far the best one I've been to.

So your 10mg should be ok once you eventually reach a cumulative dose of at least 120mg/ kg. that's the amount that usually reduces chances of remission. People on lower doses have less side effects so that may be another reason he has you on such a low dose. I know very high doses are prescribed in the US but everyone I know who's been on accutane out of the us used a smaller dose for a longer time and they remained clear.

Anyway, I don't have an acne regimen since I'm on accutane 20mg been about 99% clear since the third week or so. It's been 8weeks so far. My regimen is just to keep my skin from drying out.

Morning:

Cleanse: aveeno clear complexion foaming cleanser (0.5% salicylic acid but it doesn't irritate my skin. It cleans which is what I want)

Sunscreen: neutrogena clear face sunscreen SPF-30

To be honest I don't always use this. I know it's bad but I walk to school in the mornings I sweat everything off by the time I get there, unless I have somewhere to run to immediately to rinse my face after I get to school I won't use it. But I walk with an umbrella which isn't weird where I live.

Evening:

Cleanse

Moisturise: neutrogena oil free moisture sensitive skin on whole face

Whichever random lotion I want to smell like on my body

Ponds dry skin cream as an eye cream, on dry patches, my elbows and hands

Palmers coco butter formula on my hands after

Carmex on my lips

If I wear makeup (very rarely)

Ponds cold cream and a tissue

Clearasil deep cleanse skin clearing wipes

Aveeno cleanser

Moisturiser

Thicker moisturiser (all over since I cleansed my face three times)

Edited by tanna23

Guest GetMeTheResults

My first neck pimple...

I started out at 40mg the first month I didn't even have to say I wanted a higher dose when I went to my appt. he said we're going to bump you up to 60mg now. I don't know if he was trying to imply my face looked terrible or what Lol

Guest GetMeTheResults

@Candy

Lol I doubt it, I've noticed that the majority of the people on here have been bumped up at least once.

I want to eradicate as much acne as possible over the summer. I just dropped my summer session class cuz I feel terrible

Guest GetMeTheResults

I love the way Aczone dries up my skin, but I wish I could see it working faster :(

I've never had a pimple on my neck, so I'm 100% sure it's from the stupid birth control called Sprintec that I took for a month! Hopefully BeYaz actually does what it's supposed to do, that is get rid of moderate acne, but it's too early to tell as I've been on it only for a week.

I don't know if I should stay on it when I start Accutane on Monday. I just don't want to have too many medications in my system. That reminds me of Doxycycline... I should probably stop taking it too by then.

I have to wait a couple of weeks to get on the iPledge system... In the meantime I'll do some holistic treatments. I feel awful about everything and I'm becoming more irritable as my looks deteriorate. I just want this to end.

Acne or no acne, your bone structure is to die for! But all that aside, yaz takes awhile to start working (but sometimes it doesn't make a noticeable difference). The pattern of your breakout looks hormonal, so it may be a godsend for you! What sorts of holistic treatment will you try?

Guest GetMeTheResults

Well, I don't have the list with me since I am away from home to visit my family and see my dermatologist, but I will update you tomorrow.

Im so conflicted about Accutane- while it's the only medicine that will improve my skin by the beginning of the semester and definitely clear me up by December (possible vacation), I feel like I would be poisoning my body. While I have exhausted most of my options, there are some people on this forum who make me believe the opposite. Maybe I could clear my skin through some kind of a natural miracle and not have to systematically ingest toxins... I'm so scared, confused and hopeless... Another night of crying....