Notifications
Clear all

Masturbation And Acne

MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 06/21/2014 10:59 pm

Hi! Let me introduce myself first. I just started on this forum because i feel like I had the need to share some information with you guys. I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but just let me know. I am currently 14, turning 15 in 3 months. About the time when I was 13 almost 14, early in my 8th grade year, I started masturbating (I am a male by the way) I realized I was also getting acne, But I didn't care to much at the time since i thought it was just because I was growing up. Eventually it started getting worse and worse, I tried finding out why and how i could stop it but nothing worked. I went to derms, got creams, proactive, etc. Recently I thought "What else is there that would cause my acne", out of curiosity i looked up "Masturbation and acne" to my surprise i found some interesting threads and forums talking about this and discussing it. Some people said it wad true and some said it wasn't. I decided I would find out for my self, I used to masturbate every day once at most, I am now on my 10th Day and I am glad to say that my acne has improved. I am still getting acne since I am very early on in this stage, and I'm not going to undo a year and a halfs worth of damage in one day, I read from some where else, that throught this process you continue to break out but very minimally for the first couple of days maybe 2 or 3 weeks, but these breakouts are small and go away easily. Once you get out of the early stage and perhaps are in your first month The healing process fully begins and your acne starts to go away. In the past 10 days I have realized that my face is much less oily and has a healthy glow to it. I think the reason Masturbation CAN cause acne for some is because, over ejaculation can cause hormonal imbalances, these hormonal-imbalances can cause the sebaceous glands to go ino over drive and produce more sebum than normal. I will be updating this every week and if anyone would like to accompany me on my journey feel free! Thanks for your time and hopefully we can all clear up.

MemberMember
(@snog)

Posted : 06/23/2014 3:02 am

i'd like to read it. i'm in the same boat as you, im 18 and i have been masturbating since 13 yo and my record of abstaining is one month only. Well for a long time i was thinking jerking off doesnt matter because of disinformation plague about masturbation on different medical sources. Then i found information about testosterone lvl spike on 7 day after last ejaculation and it's converting into DHT, so I think masturbation is the main trigger for me. Today is my first day of abstaining and today i bought some natural DHT blockers (fish oil, pumpkin seed, linoleic acid) to minimize DHT lvl.

MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 06/24/2014 12:21 pm

So I'm afraid because right now is day 13, but last night I had a wet dream. I dont know if this will set me back or not but i should know by tomorrow wether or not i should start back at day 1. If anyone has any links to a post somehwere talking about hormone activity during wet dreams that would be great.

MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 06/29/2014 10:21 pm

Update. End of day 18, and I have to say my skin is looking better. The kind of "breakout" period is relatively over and im not noticing that much new activity anymore. I did notice thought that i got a very very very small pimple above my lip. I never get pimples there so that was kind of weird but i just popped it and im sure it'll be unnoticable by tomorrow, right now the area is just a little red. what i did notice is that before i had very small marks from cystic acne on my forehead that i would squeeze at about 2 years ago. the only way i could hide them is by wrinkling my forehead, but now they are fading a lot quicker and are barely noticeable from about a foot away. anyways ill update you guys again wehn i hit the 3 week mark for those who are interested

MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 07/02/2014 1:33 pm

So this is day 21 and this morning i woke up with THREE new whiteheads. but im not gonna let this stop me, im thiinking i should only wash my face with water when im in the shower in the morning and with water at night for a couple of days see how that goes. a lot of people say you should only wash your face twice a day but i wash mine 3 times a day because i do sports and i have to wash the sweat off after practice, i just wash my face with water after practice. so yeah im going to stop using my clenser and updat you guys in 3 days

forgot to include this still day 21. but the reason i think i should stop using my cleanser is because since my skin is less oily now i beleive, its begining to be a little to much for my face to handle so hopefully this shows results in the next 3 to 4 days

MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 07/07/2014 12:20 pm

*UPDATE* DAY 26: hopping off my cleanser was a bad idea, even though my skin doesnt feel very oily I still need it for the tie being. I broke out with three pimples right above the space inbetween my eyebrows. Thing is these pimples were kind of "soft" the best way i could put it and didnt hurt when i touched them. DOnt usually get acne like that. Anyways will update

MemberMember
(@hawaii4life)

Posted : 07/08/2014 9:45 pm

There is defintley something to be said about masturbation and acne. (At least in males) I personally think some people are more prone to hormone instabilities or fluctuations I should said caused by ejaculation. However, I think masturbation is healthy in moderation as apposed to say doing it everyday. I try to abstain from it as much as possible but I found about once a week seems to keep my head on straight because going any longer drives me insane lol

MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 07/09/2014 6:26 pm

There is defintley something to be said about masturbation and acne. (At least in males) I personally think some people are more prone to hormone instabilities or fluctuations I should said caused by ejaculation. However, I think masturbation is healthy in moderation as apposed to say doing it everyday. I try to abstain from it as much as possible but I found about once a week seems to keep my head on straight because going any longer drives me insane lol

today is my 28th day of abstaining from it. my skin is better vut im still breaking out. today i had my worst breakout since, but i knew i would still break out for a bit, im starting accutane next week so wish me luck.

MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 07/26/2014 6:59 pm

so today is day 45 and yes, i still breakout my my breakouts are very smalll on my forehead very very small whiteheads, you cant see from a foot away, erhmm my chin better, still the occasional breakout. what i have noticed is that my skin isnt as oily a is used to be before i started this, so thats a plus. the things is, is that i get wet dreams every 2 weeks and im not sure if that hold me back or sets me back but yeah. also sorry for not updating in a long time been busy

MemberMember
(@hoohoo)

Posted : 07/28/2014 7:52 am

Masturbation for males causes acne, tested byself...i have gotten by it for the past 2 years already...been clear as ever :). All about restraint xD

MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 07/28/2014 8:07 pm

Masturbation for males causes acne, tested byself...i have gotten by it for the past 2 years already...been clear as ever . All about restraint xD

you have restrained for 2 years? damn

MemberMember
(@hoohoo)

Posted : 07/28/2014 8:12 pm

Well, you know sometimes when the urge comes then usually on the following day i end up having a cyst.

But if you really want to have a clear complexion and if you find that masturbation is what has been aggravating your acne, i suggest you try to restraint as much.

Because cysts usually take 1-2 weeks to heal, and the redness stays for another 2 or so weeks before you have your natural skin complexion back, so about a month of living with redness just for a few moments of pleasure.

And don't take my word, different people may have different reactions to it. I'm a male, i don't know about females though.

MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 08/01/2014 2:17 pm

Day 51 i have incorporated the caveman regimen into this and hopefully i will be clear wish me luck guysss

MemberMember
(@dearcasey01)

Posted : 08/10/2014 7:42 pm

I honestly believe, from my own experience, that acne can definitely be related to masturbation. I have actually tested this logic out. My theory is that when you masturbate, your body releases all these hormones(which as you know, are notorious for causing acne), which makes skin break out.

However, I'm a girl so I don't know if it would be different for me.

All I know is every time I have, I got a new pimple the very next day... every single time. Without a doubt know the two are related.

So my conclusion is to just stop masturbating and see what happens with my skin.

MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 08/26/2014 8:11 pm

day 76 and i ended it, back to day 1. my acne didnt show any real improvement. but i do know that you shouldnt masturbate more than once a week thats where im gonna leave it.once a week for me if i have to tahts it

MemberMember
(@sallyy75)

Posted : 08/27/2014 6:13 am

If you want to have no acne, use pure chimp super cleanser.

I have used it often and have had no skin problems since that time.

MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 08/28/2014 7:35 pm

If you want to have no acne, use pure chimp super cleanser.

I have used it often and have had no skin problems since that time.

how bad was ur acne before and was it cystic or more whiteheads, and how it it now

MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 09/07/2014 10:25 pm

i have a girlfriend now and i dont even bother caring about my face anymore so yeah probably not gonna be posting unless something comes up, haven fapped in like 2 weeks i think something like that idk bye guys